Kotare Christmas Surprise?

cbk57

I find this type of “wish list” thread entertaining, it’s a great place to talk about what big boy toys we want to see, what others would like and it’s not uncommon that I find myself googling someone’s “most wanted” aircraft, so it’s a bit educational too!

9 minutes ago, CShanne said:

Isn’t it pretty simple to ignore a thread by not opening it….  Anyway, if not for this thread I would not have heard of the company. 

Check three or four topics down the list.  ;)  If you’ve ever heard of Wingnut Wings, these are the same people that were involved with that firm.  They were well known for superior quality WWI kits in 1/32.  This Spitfire is, we’re hoping, to be of the same quality or higher.

I got sucked in by the number of pages devoted to this, even though I knew it was a wish list of sorts.

Edited by Juggernut

Hey Tim, I actually put in an order for the spitfire, but until this thread, I had no idea the company existed (I know of WNW).  I had not realized a bunch of them moved to this company. If not for this thread I would have missed it.  I guess, I just wonder that if I did not want to read this thread, I just well…. Wouldn’t…. I mean, I see lots of thread I do not want to read, so…. I don’t ;-)  I am thankful for this specific thread. 

1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Most kiwis would rather have p-40s!

I would have thought, considering the lack of a P-40E or later on the market, that a new offering would have much wider appeal than just NZ. 

Cheers,

Michael

Trouble with all these excuses is that they ignore the point that the site is becoming dragged down by threads that don't contribute anything. This one isn't a wish list either - threads on the Kotare Spitfire (and subsequent wish lists) are posted elsewhere here.

Another issue for me is that if I see "Kotare...announcement...Christmas" I'm still interested enough to take a look in case it really does contain something about Kotare's forthcoming 1/48 Boulton-Paul Overstrand.

Sadly not.

15 hours ago, Juggernut said:

That’s a good idea….  Create a forum called “Wishful Thinking” or something similar and move all this detritus there so it can be ignored/read as desired.

I like it.  Another rule - every post will be titled "__insert name of your pet aircraft subject__ - It's a License to Print Money!".  

7 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Trouble with all these excuses is that they ignore the point that the site is becoming dragged down by threads that don't contribute anything. This one isn't a wish list either - threads on the Kotare Spitfire (and subsequent wish lists) are posted elsewhere here.

Another issue for me is that if I see "Kotare...announcement...Christmas" I'm still interested enough to take a look in case it really does contain something about Kotare's forthcoming 1/48 Boulton-Paul Overstrand.

Sadly not.

Sabrejet - I get you don’t like to see ‘wish-listing’. What would you prefer to see as threads that make a positive contribution?

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Paul 

13 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Sabrejet - I get you don’t like to see ‘wish-listing’. What would you prefer to see as threads that make a positive contribution?

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Paul 

A number of folks don't wish to see wish-listing on a discussion page. Maybe better off in a dedicated 'wish-listing' forum? But overall I think you misunderstood my response, and missed the key parts. I certainly didn't say anything about 'positive contribution' (or negative). I'm having a lovely day thanks.