Ukraine Store handling ICM Models

ivanmoe

Tracked this down via a price-link at Scalemates:

https://plastic-models-store.com/icm-48310-148-bristol-beaufort-mk.i-wwii-british-torpedo-bomber&utm_source=scalemates&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=marketplace

You gotta love the banner comments at the top of the page!:coolio:

Mods/Admins, I'll live if y'all have to delete this message for fear of it stoking controversy or outrage.

4 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Now that's a company mission statement.  Soon to be blocked, deleted and well, you know the deal..........and one, two, three LSP moderators?   

Speaking strictly for myself, I'm fine with it. Assuming the members themselves don't take it somewhere ugly, there'll be no need for intervention.

17 hours ago, Jack said:

Awesome just plain (no plane) awesome, great statement............just great humor!!

Now just hoping for the Skycrane release.........

Since you DID mention the Skycrane, whenever somebody calls my helicopter a "plane" I always say "there's NOTHING plane about helicopters..."

• 1 month later...

So, my model arrived, adorned with substantial quantities of Ukrainian stamps:

Package.jpg

And inside an ICM kit in more or less perfect condition:

Model.jpg

Admittedly, this was something of a sympathy purchase. And I'd NEVER advise anyone short on pocket change to order a kit from a warzone. However, it did serve my, perhaps, ham-handed desire to express a degree of solidarity with modelers eight time-zones distant. I'm gonna save the stamp sheets to display with the model.

Hope the war ends soon, for the sake of all involved.

Edited by ivanmoe

10 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

So, my model arrived, adorned with substantial quantities of Ukrainian stamps:

Package.jpg

And inside an ICM kit in more or less perfect condition:

Admittedly, this was something of a sympathy purchase. And I'd NEVER advise anyone short on pocket change to order a kit from a warzone. However, it did serve my, perhaps, ham-handed desire to express a degree of solidarity with modelers eight time-zones distant. I'm gonna save the stamp sheets to display with the model.

Hope the war ends soon, for the sake of all involved.

Yes, lots of stamps are common for international shipping from Ukraine. And it takes some time, especially nowadays, but they are reliable. Not to forget the bulletprrof wrapping, which is a hallmark of online shops in the ex-soviet countries :thumbsup:

What is this for a boardgame below the parcel?

Regards

- dutik

I ordered some Foxbot digital camo masks from Ukraine just after the war started. The order was cancelled not long after because of the situation but rather than taking my money back i told the seller to keep it. Like you @ivanmoe it's just a little gesture but one i am willing to make.