S.O.W. is keeping busy.

D.B. Andrus

Firstly, to all who have pre-ordered or are waiting until they're back in stock, the A-4 Skyhawk sets are next up in the casting queue.  We'll be making a bunch of both Hasegawa and Trumpeter sets......and thanks once again for your never ending patience.

PS: Just between us there are a couple of jets in our near future....... don't tell anybody, okay?

On the sly there have been a few other things going on..... they'll be issued all in good time.

Here are some sneak previews:

Hobby Boss P-61A/B

SbkyVB.png

Infinity Models SB2C

Ifbpwa.png

Lastly, not 1/32, but some will really like this one - HKM B-17F/G in 1/48th (please remain calm). 

The 1/32 HKM set is in development, which means sooner rather than later.

anp41M.png

Aside from our health concerns we're still beavering away here in the woods of East Texas. May the farts

force be with us (and anything and everything else that might possibly help).

Cheers,

Damian

4 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I am excited to see the new B-17 landing gear in 48th scale. Is it a copy of the kit gear or will your set correct the stance of the HK kit? I think the kit is currently incorrect OTB in that regard.

Mark Proulx

+1

5 minutes ago, Mark P said:

I am excited to see the new B-17 landing gear in 48th scale. Is it a copy of the kit gear or will your set correct the stance of the HK kit? I think the kit is currently incorrect OTB in that regard.

Mark Proulx

It looks corrected to me.  Scissors seem to get stuck with weight effect

On 10/12/2022 at 3:58 AM, Mark P said:

Mark Proulx

Hi Mark

Yes, the stance, re. amount of oleo reveal,  has been corrected to more accurately reflect the full scale aircraft.

Cheers,

Damian

Edited by D.B. Andrus

Re. the SB2C gear set: looks like many more parts (an additional 6 cast parts) will have to be added to ensure a stable and strong assembly. Fear not, we're on it. The down side is cost goes up, but we feel it will give the modeler an easier and more satisfying build.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Damian

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, D.B. Andrus said:

Yes, the stance, re. amount of oleo reveal,  has been corrected to more accurately reflect the full scale aircraft.

You're a saint for doing this. It's not a difficult conversion on the 1/32 kit, as the scissor links are separate, but they are integrated on the 1/48 oleos. And, it's inevitably weaker once you start fiddling with it. I've had to repair mine on the 1/32 kit several times after doing the initial correction, and I even pinned them with epoxy as my binder. It's just a heavy kit.

These should sell like hotcakes!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA