Infinity 1/32 Son-of-a B!tch 2nd Class

RadBaron

On 11/22/2022 at 9:39 AM, Dennis7423 said:

Man... you're really selling this kit Baron. lol

All kidding aside, great work, and showing that it can be done, and ultimately, not requiring any extravagant modeling skills. Just fit, fix, and move forward. Nothing us buffoons couldn't handle, right? 

I've got one in my stash that I will not part with unless something else comes along. I want one in my display case that badly. So, I too will trod down this bumpy path some some point, too.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Thanks mate, and you're absolutely right, it's just a plastic model and only our own personal desire for a particular subject will determine whether or not it crosses the finish line. 

My motivation is fueled primarily by my sh!t-stirring need to build the "unbuildable", so I imagine someone who genuinely wants a helldiver in their cabinet will do a far more comprehensive job than this build :D

Cheers!

On 11/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, scvrobeson said:

Great to see you plugging away at this one. Good problem solving all the way through the build.

Can't wait to see more

Matt

On 11/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, jeroen_R90S said:

+1, really nice work!

If the kit were a bit cheaper I might give one a go myself in the future... :)

On 11/28/2022 at 6:46 AM, Borsos said:

You are doing a great job with this kit. Referring to the Helldiver‘s nickname that you chose as the title of your build, I‘d say that when the original was just 2nd class, the kit seems to be a 1st class b****…. However, the result of your work counts and this looks pretty nice. The masochist in me even knocked the door asking me why not starting this beast in the nearer future.

Andreas

Thanks guys, much appreciated! Definitely don't buy one until it's on special, sprue brothers has them at half price every 6 months or so:lol:

Otherwise, find one second hand with all the resin, seems lots of guys jumped in with both feet initially, and then the build reviews started to come out...

612.gif

Get into it, guys! Prove the nay-sayers wrong!

The "grind" culture exists everywhere else in our world but has gone away from models in favor of instant gratification.

Let's bring it back :punk:

11 hours ago, R Palimaka said:

I'm just catching up on this build, and dumped a bunch of "likes" in your account. I am just floored with the amount of work going into taming this kit, and correcting all the problems along the way. I have to admire how those problems don't stop you, you just find a way to solve it and just laugh. Your detail work is amazing too. 

A great example of just skillful modelling! And stubbornness. :)

Richard

PS: Remind me never to buy this kit. 

Thankyou mate, I appreciate the compliments! Despite the hurdles,  It's been a surprisingly fun build with no unfixable issues. There's been no need to re-invent wheels, just building a model the old fashioned way :D

I confess I went to look at the market for this kit, after seeing your work in progress.
hard times and an attic overflowing with kits to do dissuaded me... but your information today about the cyclical price fluctuations at Sprue Brothers fills me with optimism! :)

Speaking of, she now (temporarily) stands on her own feet!

20221128_202407

And what a big beast she is!

I was concerned about just how strong I could make the attach points and I think I've got a good compromise of plastic and wire structure, to endure carrying the weight of the finished model.

Right now the gear is just sitting in place, with no regards to alignment, that'll come next now that I know I've got a solid attachment. 

Those are the kit supplied wheels, I'll try it later with the larger 3D printed aftermarket ones to see how it compares to references. 

Back to the bench!

Denzil

1 minute ago, mc65 said:

I confess I went to look at the market for this kit, after seeing your work in progress.
hard times and an attic overflowing with kits to do dissuaded me... but your information today about the cyclical price fluctuations at Sprue Brothers fills me with optimism! :)

The last time I shared this kit on sale at spruebrothers (a few weeks ago) noone seemed to want to dive in.

I couldn't imagine why?:lol: 

I'll bet if you just bide your time, you'll find them up for sale with regularity. 

Masochism at its finest. I rarely watched seven pages of a build review before, while continuously shaking my head :blink:

In this day and age where every second iPhone has a LIDAR scanner on it, I am very disappointed that these sort of monstrosities are still being produced.

But it is starting to look good, and it will be a 1/32 Helldiver in the end :clap2:

Edited by Skyraider3D

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 1:37 PM, easixpedro said:

Sooo, any updates?

Saw one for sale on Ebay for $130 w/ a bunch of PE and resin. Got scooped up pretty quick before I could decide. I do want a LSP Beast so will have to keep looking for a screaming deal.

Peter

DO IT!! :D

The value-for-money factor is off the chart :whistle:

I haven't looked at my bench for a few months, even the arrival of Kotare's new Spit hasn't been able to entice me away from a couple of full sized projects

20230114_170212

received_770754957901601

When the Texas Temps start getting nasty again, I'm sure the comfort of indoors activities will call me back, and the Helldiver will get a whole bunch more attention.

Thanks for checking in :lol:

Denzil.

Nice BD-5J! Very cool!

My daughter is about to head off to college this fall. We’ll be empty nesters, and I’m looking forward to getting my ‘stang out of long term storage so I can tinker. Figure bench productivity will go down, but am looking forward to getting her back on the road…