Z-M Messerschmitt Bf109G-14

tucohoward

Thanks, guys! Some weathering of the underside. I don't try to do too much as it really doesn't get looked at. 109s are pretty notorious oil leakers so you have to do something. I was a Saab tech (cars not planes) for 35+ years and a guy I worked with at one time used to say "Saab is Swedish for oil leak". Maybe Messerschmitt is German for oil leak. Some base staining with MRP olive drab and then newer leakage with Mig fresh oil, which I like a lot although it takes a while to fully dry. Probably enamel plus it's gloss. I also went with the kit decals underneath since again, nobody looks at it, plus they are very nice decals.

Realized I used the wrong panel on the left wing bottom. They give you both, with and without antenna, and I was just following the instructions but the Hartmann plane doesn't have it. I will just drill a hole and mount it as once again, nobody will notice the panel isn't there.

Jay

20221206_172009.jpg20221206_172101.jpg20221206_172044.jpg20221206_175229.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally getting back to this one. You know how you get something 95% done and then think I can easily finish it any old time? That's kind of what happened here. Trying to get several things done for the Richmond show on the 25th and this is one of them. 

Got the canopy on, seatbelts posed, and canopy tether rigged. Other than that I just need to make a pitot tube, antenna wire and sort out some sort of cowling prop rods. Would have been nice to include them ala Tamiya on their 48th scale kit. At least I can use that for a reference.

Jay

20230217_172209.jpg20230217_172253.jpg20230217_172434.jpg20230217_172227.jpg

2 hours ago, rafju said:

Hello Jay

congrats, beautiful!

but got a question about the ZM kit, could you tell us to which side is the offset of the ETC rack?

(which must be not aligned to the main axis of the actual plane)

Thanks

Thanks, guys! The ETC rack is offset to the right side.

Jay