F-16D block 52+ Royal Moroccan Air Force - Done!

Zola25

Time for an update..

After priming I added the squibbles in true Black Basing style using MRP´s Light Arctic Grey. It is a really nice color for a faded white look and I use it quite a bit on wheel bays etc.

Its a nice little trick to move across all round shapes in straight lines as you can see in the image below. It helps to enhance the shape.

1b5Feu.jpgRIckNd.jpg 

Next step was to start adding the light brown. I have previously said that I felt that Radome Tan was too yellow but after making a few paint samples I decided to go for AK Real Colors Radome Tan RC227..

SEjmEl.jpg

C3tgKi.jpg

I then proceeded to mask the camo lines with rolled up blue tack. Its a really easy way to get really nice feathered lines. You can easily control how feathered by the diameter of the "sausage". Just always be very careful to spray directly at the blue tack "sausages from above. If you spray at an angle the paint will spray underneath ruining the effect.

NDXs9J.jpg

I sprayed AK Real Colors Dark Tan RC225

hSHLLO.jpg

I was not happy with the shade of the Dark Tan so I oversprayed with several shades of dark browns (NATO Brown) mixed with grey colors. I wanted a faded chocolate look.. I didnt take any pictures of the in between steps but here you can see her with some decals applied - no weathering at all yet..

skAnm3.jpg

pVyxgi.jpg

I have been working on the load out as well and you can spot some of it in the background.

I am pretty sure it will be loaded out with fuel tanks, BRU-67´s with 2x GBU-54´s, AIM-9X and AMRAAM´s - all training versions..

I am pretty busy at work at the moment so not too much progress - but its starting to look like a Moroccan F-16 ^_^

Thats it for now - stay tuned for more updates to come

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

14 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Excellent work Niels, I love it! I hope to get a 1/32 F-16D kit one day, if possible, to make into a HAF aircraft.

:goodjob:

Derek 

Thanks Derek

If you get the Academy Sufa kit and the Grand Models block 52 add on kit, you will have everything you need to build a Greek F-16D

/Niels

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished painting and decals are all on - It was a bit of a challenge to put together the decals as nothing exists for a Moroccan F-16. I went through a couple of 1/48 sets of Moroccan jets and a 1/32 sheet supposed to go on an F-5.. Biggest challenge however was the red "Ejection Seat Warning" triangles - I challenge anyone to come up with a single F-16 in the world with red warning stencils!!  :BANGHEAD2: - I found one in the end though - the F-16 "Wraith" aggressor - so I got 2 sheets of decals only to get to the 4 decals I needed. The lettering is transparent on the decals but white on the jet so I had to paint tiny white triangles where the decals would go. It all went fine and I think it really catches the eye on this paint job.

The remaining black colored stencils where sourced from a sheet of Polish F-16s. The numbers are from generic USAF sheets.

It received a wash with Flory Models "Dark Dirt" and a layer of MRP Super Clear Matt Varnish. It has a slight "silky" sheen to it that makes it my favorite varnish for modern jets. 

All that remains is to finish up the landing gear and I can start attaching all the smaller bits and clear parts - she will soon be up on her legs and in the display cabinet.

The more I work on it the more I like the camouflage. I think its a really cool looking F-16 for sure..

Fa6SAY.jpgcmOuBY.jpgoxJpAv.jpg

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

Almost finished - I have attached all the weapons.. 

• AIM-120C AMRAAM´s (Eduard Brassin)
  • AIM-9X Sidewinder (Brengun)
  • ACMI Pod (Bandit Resin Factory)
  • 2 x BRU-67 with 2 x GBU-54 (Eduard Brassin + Videoaviation)
  • Sniper Pod (Eduard Brassin)

Just need to finish the cockpit and attach the remaining tiny bits.

pDaAX8.jpgEQO1BL.jpg

I will try to finish it over the weekend and take some pictures next week..

/Niels