1/32 GWH P-40B "Pearl Harbour" - Christmas Special Edition

Kagemusha

• Kagemusha changed the title to 1/32 GWH P-40B "Pearl Harbour" - Christmas Special Edition
1 hour ago, esarmstrong said:

So, I guess this means a different, rounded back seat for this model and what other differences should we expect from the Hawk 81a?

The rear frame for the US seat, different pitot tube, and the wing gun barrel cooling slots should be different.   I believe the seat and frame were shown on the sprue pictures prior to release, but the parts are missing in those areas on the actual Hawk 81 release.

In fact all the optional parts needed to build the various variations of the Hawk 81/P-40B were present on the original sprues.

GWH could have given us all the parts to build all versions with their first boxing.
Instead they chose to remove the parts not needed and put them back in the recycling bin.
It’s infuriating from a modeller’s point of view but it’s simply a marketing strategy to sell more kits.

10 minutes ago, quang said:

In fact all the optional parts needed to build the various variations of the Hawk 81/P-40B were present on the original sprues.

GWH could have given us all the parts to build all versions with their first boxing.
Instead they chose to remove the parts not needed and put them back in the recycling bin.
It’s infuriating from a modeller’s point of view but it’s simply a marketing strategy to sell more kits.

Here is the answer.  Why let us modelers put spares in our spares box; keep them back for later releases.  It doesn't bug me too much, since we can only build one model at a time.  How long has it been since the release of the initial Hawk 81a kit, not quite a year?

Edited by esarmstrong

4 minutes ago, esarmstrong said:

Why let us modelers put spares in our spares box; keep them back for later releases. 

The infuriating point is that they don’t keep them for later releases because it would them cost too much for storage.
Instead they throw the unneeded, perfectly usable parts in the recycling box to be melt down and re-used as styrene. :BANGHEAD2:

1 hour ago, quang said:

The infuriating point is that they don’t keep them for later releases because it would them cost too much for storage.
Instead they throw the unneeded, perfectly usable parts in the recycling box to be melt down and re-used as styrene. :BANGHEAD2:

They block those parts of the runners off, so the plastic doesn't flow that far, no wastage.

If companies released everything in one box sales might well be lower, making the product less viable.

You can just look at Dragon, they almost always have a ton of extras in their armor kits because they have issued a separate boxing for every single Tiger tank by serial number.  Even having all the parts in the box does not stop them from issuing more boxings with different decals.  In any event I am happy they led with the Hawk 81 as I just don't care about a Pearl Harbor P-40.  

22 hours ago, kalashnikov-47 said:

I'll looking for a Soviet Lend-Lease aircraft. 

Last year got a really great book of Soviet aces.

There's some pretty cool markings there.....

Which book?