1/32 Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - TBD-1A in October 2023!

Kagemusha

30 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

FeGmJY5aYAAuVTR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

She shure is purdy . I think it 's the corrugated wings that do it for me . Those cusp of the war bright US Navy aircraft have as sense of poignancy,  bit like the RAF's Bristol Bulldogs and Hawkers "H" biplanes . Obsolete and deadly but beautiful in their finery for a short last gasp of peace.  

Can anyone advise if they were NMF or painted silver finish ? The pix I've seen seem ambiguous  

Edited by Panzerwomble

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

OK The Sister has left the room…

Dinosaur trivia quiz.  A Mosquito pathfinder leads a bombing raid on Berlin that destroys the very rare remains of what dinosaur stored with in the Berlin Museum?

I really have no idea, but I do know that the allies managed to blow up MvR's Fokker Triplane.

4 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

OK The Sister has left the room…

Dinosaur trivia quiz.  A Mosquito pathfinder leads a bombing raid on Berlin that destroys the very rare remains of what dinosaur stored with in the Berlin Museum?

I don't know about Berlin but Munich lost bones from the Spinosaurus

This looks very interesting to say the least . I might just have to score one these provided they didn't botch it. Their Dauntless and Avenger were very good ,good fit and shapes. I'm no expert but aren't the bomb aiming doors supposed to be closed when carrying a torpedo? whoops

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

This looks very interesting to say the least . I might just have to score one these provided they didn't botch it. Their Dauntless and Avenger were very good ,good fit and shapes. I'm no expert but aren't the bomb aiming doors supposed to be closed when carrying a torpedo? whoops

The kit probably has a bomb option too.  The bombing window doors are probably just open on the buildup to show the option of them being open.

However, there are some issues with the buildup shown.  The windscreen is incorrect.  The kit appears to show a flat center panel, with the side panel being split into two parts.  One the real thing, the center part of the windscreen was curved, and the side panel was just one part, meaning only one frame line on each side, instead of two.  Also, when the wings are folded, they don’t overlap or nearly touch like is shown on the kit.

Edited by Dave Williams

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

However, there are some issues with the buildup shown.  The windscreen is incorrect.  The kit appears to show a flat center panel, with the side panel being split into two parts.  One the real thing, the center part of the windscreen was curved, and the side panel was just one part, meaning only one frame line on each side, instead of two.  Also, when the wings are folded, they don’t overlap or nearly touch like is shown on the kit.

I've yet to check my one single best reference on the Devastator (the Schiffer volume), but found this photo in this Osprey book. To me, this looks very much like what this kit provides, with either a curved or flat central panel (I really can't tell from this particular photo).

FJdHWA.jpg