1/32 Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - TBD-1A in October 2023!

Kagemusha

29 minutes ago, CShanne said:

Hasn’t this been due for realest for something like 8 years? I hope it is a high quality trumpeter kit if it is actually going to be released.  Some of their stuff is horrible, others are really good.. 

Longer than that.  I think it was it was in their catalog since day one, and their first kits came out around 2000 or so.  I think it’s probably been listed for at least 20 years.

22 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Longer than that.  I think it was it was in their catalog since day one, and their first kits came out around 2000 or so.  I think it’s probably been listed for at least 20 years.

I believe you’re right. It’s been a couple of decades i think. Although… I think I bought one of their first 1/32 kits that came out, an A-10….late 90’s I think?? Although it was early 2000 befor I finished it so I could easily be wrong on that date.

been waiting at least 16 years for the A-6 Intruder!

slow and steady, that’s the Trumpeter way.

3 hours ago, chrish said:

I believe you’re right. It’s been a couple of decades i think. Although… I think I bought one of their first 1/32 kits that came out, an A-10….late 90’s I think?? Although it was early 2000 befor I finished it so I could easily be wrong on that date.

been waiting at least 16 years for the A-6 Intruder!

slow and steady, that’s the Trumpeter way.

The Intruder kits came out about six years ago, after about a five year wait. An A-Team effort.

Now that they've almost cleared their back catalogue I'm hoping Trumpeter "upsize" some of their 1/48 kits¹ to 1/32, but suspect the new tranche will be the ex Kittyhawk gear.  

Tony 

¹ esp the Convair F-106A/B, Chengdu J-10B, Shenyang J-8, DeHavilland Sea Vixen, Sukoi Su-9/11 Maiden & Fishpot and Vickers Wellington.