1/32 Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - TBD-1A in October 2023!

Kagemusha

Sort of an aside—-

I find that presumed box art of the TBD apparently at Midway to be amusing. The TBD is in Midway markings and configuration. Then it shows the TBD flying over a burning carrier and what appears to be a burning battleship. Sorry, Trumpeter—it didn’t happen. No battleships were hit at Midway and no carrier was struck till after the TBD attack. And I doubt any TBD got that close to a carrier with torpedo in place.

But I can put up with all sorts of artistic license on the box art, as long as the kit itself is accurate!

Bill M.

28 minutes ago, Bill M. said:

Can this be?!?!
Trumpeter, please don’t screw this over!! What is the source of this news? And is there any more information out there?

Bill M.

It's via twitter from the Japan Model show, no doubt more information will come, as of yet, that's it.

Just now, Bill M. said:

Sort of an aside—-

I find that presumed box art of the TBD apparently at Midway to be amusing. The TBD is in Midway markings and configuration. Then it shows the TBD flying over a burning carrier and what appears to be a burning battleship. Sorry, Trumpeter—it didn’t happen. No battleships were hit at Midway and no carrier was struck till after the TBD attack. And I doubt any TBD got that close to a carrier with torpedo in place.

But I can put up with all sorts of artistic license on the box art, as long as the kit itself is accurate!

Bill M.

In fairness the box art is from the GWH kit, I just posted it to pique interest, just be thankful it's not being flown by a FAA pilot over the Nimitz!

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

In fairness the box art is from the GWH kit, I just posted it to pique interest, just be thankful it's not being flown by a FAA pilot over the Nimitz!

Thank you for the correction. It seems I owe Trumpeter an apology. I just hope Trumpeter does a more accurate job than GWH did on their boxart. 
At first glance, looking at the photo of the built up kit, it does look good.
Bill M.

Edited by Bill M.

2 hours ago, Bill M. said:

Thank you for the correction. It seems I owe Trumpeter an apology. I just hope Trumpeter does a more accurate job than GWH did on their boxart. 
At first glance, looking at the photo of the built up kit, it does look good.
Bill M.

Rest assured, Trumpeter's box art with be mediocre and disproportionate.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

This discussion really makes me appreciate the new Boxart from border model with a Lancaster nose, an American pilot and a P-40 diving in from above.  Someone really had to do that with a sense of humor, and to top it off it all looks so serious.