Jump to content

1/32 Border Lancaster Nose


Radub
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lancaster flying in day time with American pilots and escorted by P-40's? Cue outrage from the "experts" in three, two, one, go! Note that this is by the same Jason Wong who created the box art with the PLA tanks in San Francisco or Jersey City. They are doing it on purpose to drive traffic and comments. Trolling for viral content. :) Don't take the bait, keep moving. 

Radu 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Radub said:

Lancaster flying in day time with American pilots and escorted by P-40's? Cue outrage from the "experts" in three, two, one, go! Note that this is by the same Jason Wong who created the box art with the PLA tanks in San Francisco or Jersey City. They are doing it on purpose to drive traffic and comments. Trolling for viral content. :) Don't take the bait, keep moving. 

Radu 

You don’t have to be an “expert” to see what rubbish that is, and it doesn’t make me want to buy the kit either but at least he’s spelt “RUHR” properly. :clap2:

Edited by mozart
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, mozart said:

You don’t have to be an “expert” to see what rubbish that is, and it doesn’t make me want to buy the kit either but at least he’s spelt “RUHR” properly. :clap2:

 

Wanna bet that someone is going to defend all the stupid things in this artwork? Those master level "experts"! :)

Radu 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

According to the price, this could be the best aftermarket set to improve the HKM kit!

 

Why? Doesn't the HKM one look like a Lancasters nose? Or have they dared to put 1 rivet 0.0000001mm out of position?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlanG said:

 

Why? Doesn't the HKM one look like a Lancasters nose? Or have they dared to put 1 rivet 0.0000001mm out of position?

 

Sorry Alan but you are clearly misunderstanding what was actually covered by my comment: You consider the exterior whereas I was thinking of the cockpit interior, the astrodome and the canopy sides... All these areas are clearly weak in the HKM kit and as I have both kits and I'm sitting on a huge pile of Lancaster references, I believe I'm in the right chair to be able to assess the differences between both options...<_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, have to agree with Theirry on this one. While the HK nose certainly looks Lancaster, WnW/Border Models accurately portrayed several important aspects of the nose area that HK missed the mark on. There is definitely room at the table here for both. Border's will be much more accurate, while the HK will be much more affordable.

 

- Dennis S.

   Mount Juliet, TN USA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Border's will be much more accurate, while the HK will be much more affordable.

 

But in a roundabout way this is my point that i was (unsuccessfully) trying to make. For some reason on this and other certain forums. The HKM Lancaster always seems to get bashed even when it was the only one available. Once WNW said they were going to do the Lancaster, people dropped everything to do with the HKM one and suddenly it's inferior and full of mistakes. Maybe i'm just fed up of people bitching about something that in the grand scheme of things, you're never going to see again once built. Do i wish i could afford either of them? Yes. Undoubtably. Am i that anal about details. No not in the slightest. Whilst i understand that some people are searching for the most uber, super detailed and obviously therefore the most expensive kit. I am not. But if that is your bag. More power to you. Just tone down the inferior kit bashing a bit eh? Some people don't have endless budgets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just finished the HKM Lancaster with a improved flight deck, even with all the clear parts there’s very little to see inside once finished.

My modelling style prohibits the biggest concern of accuracy over an enjoyable build, I build for the fun and don’t really worry about accuracy that is just my preference. We all enjoy different aspects of the hobby as individuals. As for bashing the HKM kit… not me. I enjoyed every step of it…a better modeller could make a work of art from the kit.

others may see issues and fix them or ignore them, others may bypass the kit entirely for the Border model. 
just agreeing with AlanG in my own small way

one man’s opinion, nothing more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...