48 hours until Tamiya new kit anouncements

cbk57

It is what it is Tamiya USA says there will be two all new kit announcements on September 30.  Will it be something Andy previewed on Andys HHQ a Z car and a Comet tank, will it be something secret that Tamiya is going to surprise us with?  I have felt Tamiya is no longer doing surprise announcements but noted on the Tamiya USA sight this is the first time back for this show in two years so did Tamiya save something big for the show?   I don:t quite dare to dream LSP though but who knows.

A realistic possibility is their next 1/48 Phantom variant.  I think if it is all new it won't be armor, or motorcycle as they have new major releases in both of those categories. The new Z car is coming but to me that is not a major release and is already coming out soon.  A more significant auto project or an airplane are real possibilities.  I think the Lighting is officially on the market in 1/48.  

A 1/32 is a possibility, how strong is anyones guess might be 10% chance assuming these are kits not previously announced.  I would say 40% chance of a Phantom variant, 30% chance of a 1/24 race car, 20% chance of a 1/20 f-1 car.  I am not totaling these to 100 just overall bet on odds.  

As we lead up to the 30th though even looking at Tamiya inc website there are no hints of anything we don:t know about.  So I think the chances that the surprise releases are a Comet tank and a Nissan Z car are higher than the chances of an all new LSP.  I hope I am wrong.

Edited by cbk57

3 hours ago, cbk57 said:

All new 1/48 Tamiya F-35A has been announced by Tamiya USA there are supposed to be two major announcements.  First one has been made.

I could most certainly live with that; the Italeri 1:32 kit is just stupid expensive.

According to the Modeling News and this is probably from Tamiya itself the F-35 will have markings for 9 different countries that are getting this plane.  With that many user nations it is kind of an obvious choice as it will have a home connection in basically all of the major scale modleing markets from Japan North America to Europe.

with this one, Takom's Apache.....& potential 1/12 ferrari 333sp .....& 1/12 Mclaren MP4/4 (sorry no LSP) on the horizon, no more eating out......minimal use of toothpaste, soap, toilet papers...etc. for a few month. It will be a no-frills christmas

Edited by somebody