Revell 1/32 BAe Hawk T2 questions

danielwood5

Hi all,

I've just started building the Revell 1/32 Hawk T2 and am struggling to find the right shade of paint for the cockpit to match the Eduard/Kinetic cockpit PE set I have. Does anyone know what colour I should paint the cockpit to match the PE parts? Neither the Revell or Kinetic instructions show a colour for the cockpit so I'm at a bit of a loss.

sg1Swcd.jpeg

I'd give mixing colours a try but I'm not very good with colour matching.

I also got the Kinetic boxing of this kit and it came with these resin seats. I don't think they're the type used in the T2 and they're quite a lot bigger than the kit parts. Does anyone know what type they are and what kit they'd be suitable for? Thanks.

QJGzyRl.jpegDgIXTBD.jpeg

With the Revell T2 kit seats.

KNHXe0i.jpeg

The seats are Paragon Martin Baker Mk.10's originally produced for the Revell Tornado, can't remember if they're correct for the Hawk T.2.

Regards the cockpit colour, you could Google the Airfix kit and Scalemates, they should have the instructions on there, if not the Airfix website.

Welcone Daniel. We're a mottley bunch (yes, speak for yourself I hear the others say), but we are a positive lot.

Ironically, small scale instructions may be a good inficator of colours. Personally, I'd just match the etch to a paint rack in the model shop.

Cheers

Tony

The problem is that cockpit colors on Eduard PE is frequently off and doesn’t match the “real” color of the cockpits, especially the gray colors.  Even if the kit instructions gave a color, it would probably be matched, or close to, the real cockpit color, and wouldn’t match the PE.  I think when I did the Kinetic boxing of the kit, I mixed up some paints to get close the the grey on the PE parts.  It’s either do that, or try to carefully paint the grey areas of the PE to match whatever color you use for the rest of the cockpit.

Edited by Dave Williams

On 9/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, Kagemusha said:

The seats are Paragon Martin Baker Mk.10's originally produced for the Revell Tornado, can't remember if they're correct for the Hawk T.2.

I think I used a set when I did my Hawk build many years ago, I think there's some small mods needed to make Hawk seats. Something about removing bits from the sides of the head boxes.

Matt