AIMS 1/48 News - Future Ju 88 sets

Pastor John

Hi everyone, I thought you might like to see where I am at with some new 1/48 Ju 88 sets - my baby haha. The Ju 88 R-2 awaits its decal sheet and will be ready to go (based on Revell or Dragon C kit). The Ju 88 S-1 awaits its decals and PE as well as some 3D designed parts like an AB 500 flare container and the starfish flame dampers. The Falcon canopy set is already in stock (designed for the Dragon G-6 kit). And then my all time favorite bird - the S-3 - everything said about the S-1 applies but also I am having the outboard ETC rack and the fat and the cigar drop tanks also designed in 3D. It has been great fun but extremely painful to do these profiles and I hope one day to be able to model one myself. You will note in the photo of the R-2 parts that they is a replacement fin assembly - needed because Dragon messed up the whole area by making the fuselage stick back 3mm further than the rudder hinge line. Anyway it is all fixed and includes a little internal detail for your trouble! This item will be sold also as a separate product to easily correct the many Dragon A / C and P kits that are out there. Enjoy and thanks. John

48-P032-parts.jpg48P033-a.jpg48P033-b.jpg48-P032-decals.jpg48-P032-profiles.jpg48-P034-decals.jpg48-P034-p1.jpg48-P034-p2.jpg48-P035-decals.jpgB-2-profile.jpg48-P035-instructions-1.jpg48-P035-instructions-2.jpg48-P035-instructions-3.jpg48-P035-instructions-4.jpg

Edited by Pastor John

I believe I have had that 1/32T-1 conversion set in my stash now for at least 10 years! That build has been in the top 5 for as long. I will be finishing the Bv-222 that has been sprawled on my bench and is in the final stage of weathering. The T-1 is going to be my primary winter build. 

Pastor John, I hope your hand pain is as manageable as possible. Good to see this post by you. Hang in there.

Jager

"Living On Tulsa Time"

Edited by Jager
correction

Tolga spending money on 1/32 decal printing for kits that are no on the market is madness. It has been 3 years since someone even asked me for an R-2 conversion set! I did not even now about this bird when I designed decal sheet 32D014. I am sure if the kits are re-released and my hands are still functioning I will want to get it printed. For now you always have the messy one from NJG 2 without any unit markings.

1 hour ago, Pastor John said:

Tolga spending money on 1/32 decal printing for kits that are no on the market is madness. It has been 3 years since someone even asked me for an R-2 conversion set! I did not even now about this bird when I designed decal sheet 32D014. I am sure if the kits are re-released and my hands are still functioning I will want to get it printed. For now you always have the messy one from NJG 2 without any unit markings.

Yes John, you are absolutely right. It's Revell's shame.
Maybe a single option 1/32 scale code numbers and letters can be added to the 1/48 sets as a bonus? Does it affect the cost a lot? I'm just brain storming.

18 hours ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

Hi John,

What I meant was the decals of 4R+AA. These decals don't exist in my R2 conversion set. I would like to build this in 1/32 scale

I didn't see that in Hannants either.

MModels still has a few Ju-88 decals.  You could look through these for the letters of aircraft you want to portray.  

https://www.mmodelstore.com/aims-132scale.aspx

of course someone has to say cut some masks even though I sound a master of the obvious.  LOL