Is the ZM P-51D pretty good or should I stick to the Revell Germany P-51D

oyoy5

23 minutes ago, quang said:

OP asked about choosing between Revell and ZM . :BANGHEAD2:

Yeah but it's at least conceivable that the OP was unaware that the *exceptionally good*, much better than either Revell or ZM, Tamiya P-51 kit is actually available for the same price as the ZM kit:

1 hour ago, ziggyfoos said:

If you've not already picked up the ZM kit... the Tamiya D/K boxing is on sale for only $99 w/free shipping direct from Tamiya USA:

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/132-aircraft/north-american-p-51dk-mustang/pacific-theater/

Which is a crazy good deal and makes me want to buy another one right now....

55 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah but it's at least conceivable that the OP was unaware that the *exceptionally good*, much better than either Revell or ZM, Tamiya P-51 kit is actually available for the same price as the ZM kit:

Which is a crazy good deal and makes me want to buy another one right now....

That's a great deal.

Having built 2 Zoukei Mura and 1 Revell P-51D kits, there is no comparison in my opinion.  Basically, they represent the difference between a McDonald's cheeseburger (Revell) versus a gourmet meal (Zoukei Mura). 

If you already have both kits, then maybe build them both and experience the difference for yourself. 

The introduction of the Tamiya P-51D kits into this equation is quite valid since their P-51D kits can cost about the same as the Zoukei Mura kits, yet offer another giant leap upward in quality. 

D

I think it’s a matter of what you’re looking for.  The ZM kit has a lot of parts with a bunch of internal detail, most of which you don’t see unless you do a cutaway, and some of it isn’t quite accurate, and the parts breakdown leads to the fuselage being made up of a bunch of parts that have to be fitted.  You have to ask yourself whether you actually need or want all of that extra stuff.  If you just want an external model, then why spend the extra money on the ZM kit?  It isn’t more accurate than the Revell.  It just has more parts.

To use the food analogy, if the Revell kit is a McDonald’s cheeseburger, then the ZM kit is a cheeseburger on a fine china plate with a ruffled toothpick through it and toppings on the side with mayo, catchup, and mustard in little metal cups.  A better presentation, but it’s still just a cheeseburger.