I Took Oath of Allegiance to the Crown

MARU5137

When I joined  MY  Police Force I was the very first  ethnic minority  person(Indian) to have joined.

It was such an honor to have passed MY physical  and other exams to get through before I started training in the early  1980's.

Once you were measured for Uniform  you were  considered  to be no longer a Civilian but on your way to becoming a police Constable.

When WE received our uniform(s) , I,  just like the other 90 in MY intake had to take The Oath of Allegiance to the Crown{HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II} in our Best Uniform.

It was a proud moment for ME and MY widowed Mother to be able to serve  Queen and Country   as MY Father had done so in the Indian/British Army.

This was the Oath of Allegiance WE ALL had to say out loud in unison before embarking on 5 months of solid training away from home.

'I, {MY name}, do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly Serve the Queen in the Office of Constable,  with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality,  upholding  fundamental  human rights and according  equal respect to All people; and that I will, to the best of My power cause the Peace to be kept  and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of My Skill and knowledge  discharge all duties thereof faithfully according to Law.'

That Oath still stands strongly with ME.

I was Honored to have had HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II  as MY sovereign. I met her briefly while I was still a Rookie when Her Majesty  came to open a special children's school . Saluting her , she asked how long  I had been on duty that day and how long had I been a Constable.   When I answered her "Your Majesty I  started duties this morning at 4am and have been a Constable for 6 weeks"; she said "well done ". and Saluted Her as she walked away.

:wub:

this was in the era when there were no digital cameras but only Royal photographer!!

May Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II  Rest In Peace. 

God Save the King.

:bow:

MARU 5137.

Edited by MARU5137
spelling error.

8 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Well, thats an honorable career and a calling that we are all glad people like you answer.  

thank you for sharing.

Sir,

Being of Service to others and doing MY Duty was very rewarding  and I was Honored to hold the Office of Constable.

I have several Awards which I am SO proud of as well medals one of which is Queen's. 

Thank you for your kind words.

7 hours ago, spacewolf said:

I'm so glad you got to meet and speak with her. I only saw her once when she visited the airbase I was stationed at. She drove by in a car but it was still a thrill to see MY Queen.

Cheers

Vaughan,  

And THANK YOU for your Services too.

Her Majesty was very gracious and took time with everyone she spoke to.

I was just happy doing MY guard Duties but when she spoke with ME , well that was just the best Day ever on Duty.

{MY Superintendent  did inform Her Majesty  that I was the very first Colored Constable ever  and he told ME this a little later... how lovely. Our Queen  will be missed.}.

Have a great day Vaughan.

2 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

Good for you Maru ,  and although we Brits sadly don't use the expression enough , thank you for your service. 

Thank you Sir.. 

The only time you hear  that is when you go to see your Chief Constable to be given  a "pat " on the back  when you do something  that warrants his thank you.

:thumbsup:

One doesn't expect a thank you from the people you serve as long as they know you did your best and served them with diligence. And you kept to yoyr Oath of Allegiance. 

I do appreciate  your sentiments though.

I remember you telling me about meeting Her Majesty Maru ..!

Such a fortune moment indeed and to happen so early in your career as a Constable, sublime indeed ...

My heartfelt condolences to you and your countrymen for the loss of your beloved Queen ...

God Save the King ...

~Gregg