RAF WWII Marking CMYK (or RGB) color values needed

Hi all,

Since my attempt at masking with Montex masks has crapped out (another story), I am going to make my own decals (or try to).  I'm looking for the CMYK values for RAF WWII marking red, yellow, and blue.  If anyone knows the values or can point me to a place that has them, I'd much appreciate it.  I just hope my dye sublimation cartridges for my ALPS MD1300 can print them without dithering....they end up looking like crap using the regular inks.

Anyway, thanks for any help or information you may have. :)

EDIT/UPDATE:  I just learned how to pick a color from an image in Illustrator so I'm going to use the decal I just scanned and pick those colors.  If you'd still like to offer coloring information, I'd be glad to have it.  Thanks!

Edited by Juggernut

I have a file "Digital RAF WW2 Colors" compiled and matched by W.S. Marshall SA Colours & Markings.

Roundel Blue RGB 32/62/115 CYMK 94/73/18/1

ID Blue RGB 6/20/59 CYMK 98/96/39/11

ID Red RGB 168/24/24 CYMK 18/99/95/0

ID Yellow RGB 241/178/26 CYMK 1/27/94/0

It is a pdf and I don't recall where I got it.

40 minutes ago, denders said:

I have a file "Digital RAF WW2 Colors" compiled and matched by W.S. Marshall SA Colours & Markings.

Roundel Blue RGB 32/62/115 CYMK 94/73/18/1

ID Blue RGB 6/20/59 CYMK 98/96/39/11

ID Red RGB 168/24/24 CYMK 18/99/95/0

ID Yellow RGB 241/178/26 CYMK 1/27/94/0

It is a pdf and I don't recall where I got it.

Thanks for those values..I'll check my numbers.

52 minutes ago, JayBee said:

Dyesub printing does not work proberly on waterslide decal paper and can damage the printer.

To prevent dither use the spot color option in the Alps driver settings.

Ok, then now do I prevent dithering using spot colors and at the same time, adhere to the RAF CMYK equivalents?  I don't have pass/layer information for those values.

Boy, I can be such a rock sometimes....

I have a perfectly good Silouette Cameo 4 here on my bookshelf that's just dying for some use.  So, I went over to Scale Model Paint Masks and looked for RAF Type C1 roudels. Low and behold, Thomas Lund had contributed just what I was looking for so kudo's to him for the submission!  So, after a little bit of "training" I resized his roundel to fit my needs and sent to the cutter.  I now have replacement masks for all six roundel locations on my Typhoon.  Color me happy :)

Edited by Juggernut

4 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Ok, then now do I prevent dithering using spot colors and at the same time, adhere to the RAF CMYK equivalents?  I don't have pass/layer information for those values.

I use the different Spot Color charts at the Rob de Bie website to find the closest match of a desired color. I know it is sometimes difficult.

But good to read you find a solution and use your Silouette Cameo. :)

Edited by JayBee

12 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Boy, I can be such a rock sometimes....

I have a perfectly good Silouette Cameo 4 here on my bookshelf that's just dying for some use.  So, I went over to Scale Model Paint Masks and looked for RAF Type C1 roudels. Low and behold, Thomas Lund had contributed just what I was looking for so kudo's to him for the submission!  So, after a little bit of "training" I resized his roundel to fit my needs and sent to the cutter.  I now have replacement masks for all six roundel locations on my Typhoon.  Color me happy :)

Good to see the site being used as Kev intended. MRP do (in my opinion) excellent WW2 roundel colours: Marking Red, Marking Blue, Marking Yellow.