Finished !! 1/32 Spitfire Mk.XII ( Hasegawa + Paragon + Warbird + Grey Matter )

Tolga ULGUR

Hello everyone,

I've waited for years, hoping maybe one of the manufacturers will release a large scale Spitfire Mk.XII.

The result is a big zero. Finally, I decided to start a surgery-intensive project with the after-market parts I had. I started this project a few weeks ago.

However, the summer heat prevented me from bring this project to here the WIP section. The heat has decreased a bit for a few days and I decided to move this project here. Although most of the construction is already completed, I am posting the pictures I have.

I hope Murphy doesn't send his fingers and I finish this project without ruining it.

WP04.jpg

WP01.jpg

WP02.jpg

WP03.jpg

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

The base kit is old Hasegawa Mk.Vb .

Other after market products used are as follows.

Some parts of Paragon conversion set

Some parts of Grey Matter conversion set

Warbird Universal Spitfire wings

Eduard Interior set for seat belts and PE instrument panel

Some parts of Barracudacast Spitfire interior set

Barracudacast Spitfire seat

WP06.jpg

WP05.jpg

WP05A.jpg

WP07.jpg

WP08.jpg

WP09.jpg

WP10.jpg

WP11.jpg

WP12.jpg

WP13.jpg

WP14.jpg

WP15.jpg

WP16.jpg

WP17.jpg

WP18.jpg

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

To me, the most beautiful Spitfire.

Look forward to the build progressing.

Cheers,

Damian

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Love it!

33 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Those are some agricultural gaps, good to see you getting past them.  Already enjoying this project, the XII is such an underrated Spitfire variant.

Matt 

Thanks for your comments.

I have some questions about fasteners. As you can see, the cowling fasteners of the EB-B are slightly different. There are shiny extensions on both sides. Archer fine has three different types in my set. The one on the far right is the classic one I used in my previous models. I would like to get your opinion on which ones to use in this project.

Thank you

Sunu1.jpg

Sunu2.jpg

FASTENERS.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tolga ULGUR said:

I have some questions about fasteners. As you can see, the cowling fasteners of the EB-B are slightly different. There are shiny extensions on both sides. Archer fine has three different types in my set. The one on the far right is the classic one I used in my previous models. I would like to get your opinion on which ones to use in this project.

Thank you

Sunu1.jpg

Sunu2.jpg

FASTENERS.jpg

The shiny mark could be white paint, when the fastener is locked it should line up with the lines. This allow groundcrew to check they are locked from the ground.

7 minutes ago, Nighthawk Calling 1 said:

The shiny mark could be white paint, when the fastener is locked it should line up with the lines. This allow groundcrew to check they are locked from the ground.

Thanks a lot for the information, really much appreciated.

Great to see one of these being built, I built one years ago and had great fun with it.

The XII is one of my favourite looking Spitfires, combining the raw power of the Griffon with the grace of the earlier Spitfire, well I think so anyway.

This was my feeble attempt at this conversion from way back in 2008 I'm positive that you can do a better job and it will be nice to see you do it.

The Paragon conversion sets are really good and I also built the VIII as there was no kit in 1/32 back in those days.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17142-spitfire-mk-xii/

TDHrY7.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

1 minute ago, dennismcc said:

Great to see one of these being built, I built one years ago and had great fun with it.

The XII is one of my favourite looking Spitfires, combining the raw power of the Griffon with the grace of the earlier Spitfire, well I think so anyway.

This was my feeble attempt at this conversion from way back in 2008 I'm positive that you can do a better job and it will be nice to see you do it.

The Paragon conversion sets are really good and I also built the VIII as there was no kit in 1/32 back in those days.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17142-spitfire-mk-xii/

TDHrY7.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis