1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

23 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Because the TAKOM AH-64 kits don't make any money for Meng, and vice-versa. For us, it's a hobby. For them, it's a business.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Understood but to me it makes better business sense to offer a product that has no competition.   Much harder to recoup the startup costs when your competitor has a similar product on the market.  

33 minutes ago, John1 said:

Understood but to me it makes better business sense to offer a product that has no competition.   Much harder to recoup the startup costs when your competitor has a similar product on the market.  

True, but who know how their business model works.  Meng, Takom, and RFM are all competing with each other in armor, with all of them releasing Panthers and other WW2 German armor kits.  Same kit released by another company doesn’t seem to really affect them for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Meng one due soon. I received an email from Jadlam and amongst the hard sell was a register your interest for updates. I suppose it could be just that and helps them gauge on the minimum to order……..

MBK in germany just put the Takom AH-64D kit up for presale @ EUR 75.00 - Retail 85.00 - Launch date in January - Which means it could likely come earlier online.

Shipping times these days are not exactly reliable

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Flugzeuge/Flugzeuge-1-32/Hubschrauber-1-24-1-32/AH-64D-Appache-Longbow-Attack-Helicopter

/Niels

7 hours ago, wairco said:

The kit will include 32 AMG-114 Hellfire missiles, but only 8 sets of PE.

ea7Sjqc.jpg

Special version of ROCAF (not finished)

Does it include 32 missile bodies?  Even with only 8 sets of PE, I’d wager that they only include 8 bodies.  My suspicion is that they include 4 different seeker head types, and that’s how they get to the 32 count.

20 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Did we do this?  It looks like they are doing an international E boxing too.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10935636

No, that's new info for the site, it has been posted over on Britmodeller's Rumourmonger thread, was intending to post here, but not had the time.

5 hours ago, Zola25 said:

MBK in germany just put the Takom AH-64D kit up for presale @ EUR 75.00 - Retail 85.00 - Launch date in January - Which means it could likely come earlier online.

Shipping times these days are not exactly reliable

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Flugzeuge/Flugzeuge-1-32/Hubschrauber-1-24-1-32/AH-64D-Appache-Longbow-Attack-Helicopter

/Niels

That looks a lot of model for quite a tempting price. 

• 2 weeks later...