1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

2 hours ago, norbert said:

Have to find out how to get a model relatively quickly, for some goodies...

Uh - that sounds promising. Please consider making pilots who stand outside the Helicopter ^_^

/Niels

On 12/4/2022 at 6:27 PM, ade rowlands said:

All the AH-64E’s we have purchased are new build items. 50 of them if I recall correctly. What will happen to the older models I do not know. All will be built by Boeing wherever the Apache Factory is. 

You could follow the ADF's example ( A4's and Sea Sprites)and sell them to the Kiwi's for pence in the pound - the Kiwi's will upgrade them, give them a bit of TLC and get another few decades of service from them :)

Edited by Smokeyforgothispassword
I forgot the u in poUnd :(

Kits available on eBay from Chinese sellers.  Listed under the Snowman label, not Takom, but they are the same kits.  Think Snowman is an offshoot, or a different brand name used for selling in certain countries (like in Japan, some GWH and Trumpeter kits are sold under the Pit-Road brand).  Only “economy” shipping for $3, which I assume means surface.  Price of under $60 isn’t bad, if you don’t mind the wait.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Kits available on eBay from Chinese sellers.  Listed under the Snowman label, not Takom, but they are the same kits.  Think Snowman is an offshoot, or a different brand name used for selling in certain countries (like in Japan, some GWH and Trumpeter kits are sold under the Pit-Road brand).  Only “economy” shipping for $3, which I assume means surface.  Price of under $60 isn’t bad, if you don’t mind the wait.

I've heard these Chinese businesses get a pretty significant tax break if they are a "new company", so lots of these folks open up a subsidiary to take advantage of such. That's why we have Trumpeter/Hobby Boss/Merit/I Love Kit, which are all the same company.

As for the $60 price tag, that's about what I expected for what is ultimately a very detailed kit of a pretty large helicopter.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

14 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

I've heard these Chinese businesses get a pretty significant tax break if they are a "new company", so lots of these folks open up a subsidiary to take advantage of such. That's why we have Trumpeter/Hobby Boss/Merit/I Love Kit, which are all the same company.

As for the $60 price tag, that's about what I expected for what is ultimately a very detailed kit of a pretty large helicopter.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I agree with you  $60 is pretty darn good but it'll be on a slow row from China. As was stated earlier by John 1 not real crazy about all those photoetch fins but I'll deal with it , gotta tell my son [ my in house tech rep]since he'll be the one buying it for me!

7 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Right on, Brother. Just one? Actually the "turret "is called a PNVS[ pronounced Penvis] Pilot's Night Vision System

Haha, you said Penvis (insert childish chuckle).

Yes, just one for me. I have pretty limited display space unfortunately. But, I sure do love the Apache. I used to volunteer with one tough chica who was an Echo driver in Afghanistan with Air Cav. She told me all sorts of cool stuff about these birds, and she absolutely loved flying them. Got me more hooked than I already was.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA