1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

I have a few Takom kits and they are really nice so my hopes are high this will be good.

But its a bit of a strange choice for Takom considering what they normally release. Lately they are one of my favorite companies because they are releasing some very perculiar kits which at first looks like strange choices..  However the 1/72 scale battleship turrets are really cool to build.. 1/35 scale turrets the same.. 1/35 U-Boot.. V1 Ramp... V2 rocket.. 1/16 tanks... Great mix and great quility moldings. Lets see how they do with a complex helicopter kit. I know I will get one for sure (and park my Revell project with all the aftermarket stuff I eventually bought for it :wacko: )

completely agree - some amazing subjects from this company - long may it continue.

On 9/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Dave Roof said:

There really isn't much more I could add without 'spilling the beans'. All I know is I was sent CAD images of a new 35th Apache and it's not the Takom kit.

There's a new picture on Scalemates that has the Snowman Models logo next to the Takom logo, so it seems to be a collab between two manufacturers. Maybe that's what's going on? Although these days it's pretty common for different manufacturers to release the same subject. Spies everywhere? :ph34r::P

More stuff on the Modeling News.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2022/09/twin-35th-scale-apaches-on-horizon-from.html#more

Separate D and E kits, no A.  Looking at the front view CAD drawings, only the E kit is shown with Arrowhead M-TADS and the upturned exhausts, so not sure if those parts will only be in that kit.

On 9/22/2022 at 12:09 PM, EvilCarrot said:

There's a new picture on Scalemates that has the Snowman Models logo next to the Takom logo, so it seems to be a collab between two manufacturers. Maybe that's what's going on? Although these days it's pretty common for different manufacturers to release the same subject. Spies everywhere? :ph34r::P

The CAD I saw doesn't belong to 'Snowman Models' either. 

Edited by Dave Roof

• Kagemusha changed the title to 1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom
3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Curious how all of the raised riveting is going to work on the kit when taking into account molding limitations, like seams between parts or molding lines for multi-part molds.  It’s very easy to throw a bunch of raised rivets over a CAD surface.

Hasegawa accomplished this feat with their beautiful 1/48 Apache series of kits. After sanding out seams, I simply had to replace a few straight lines with Archer rivet decals. I'm confident Takom will delight us with the same!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

3 hours ago, TankBuster said:

Looking good indeed.Cheers.

My youngest son is screaming for me to get this , he worked on them for 6 years in the Army as an avionics /weapon system tech. He coached me on the 1/48th Hasegawa one [ I'm not usually a helo type ]. He saw the cads and flat out said that I need to get one ,said he'd even buy it for me . Guess I'm all out of excuses