1/35 Boeing AH-64D/E Apache from Takom

Kagemusha

I have to concur with Dave, the Kangam kit was 1/35 scale, i had it in the stash, sold it, (sorry for the buyer, can't remember) and still have one 1/32 Revell issue which i think i can turn into a proper looking helo better than the Kangam kit, so without being an expert in bothes scales i prefer the old Revell release.

1 hour ago, npb748r said:

I'm not that familiar with the Apache - can you do a UK version from this ?? They regularly fly slowly over my home, I assume on the way to Colchester Barracks, a great sight looking mean and moody ! If so I think I might be tempted with this.

neil

The UK’s new AH-64Es are now operational. Should be able to do one OOB, less the decals. 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:45 AM, Dave Williams said:

Are the kits an -A and -D, or a -D and -E?  The Modeling News says the latter.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2022/09/twin-35th-scale-apaches-on-horizon-from.html#more

Also, the two silhouettes appear almost identical, other than the FCS radome, so D/E makes more sense because the FABs seem the same size.

I can't tell if Takom is doing the A and the D or showing a D with and without the Longbow or if it's a D and an E.  I do know subsidiary Snowman Models is doing a Taiwan E

On 9/19/2022 at 5:16 AM, TankBuster said:

Looking forward to this release I hope Takom does a good job of them. Cheers.

I have a few Takom kits and they are really nice so my hopes are high this will be good.

But its a bit of a strange choice for Takom considering what they normally release. Lately they are one of my favorite companies because they are releasing some very perculiar kits which at first looks like strange choices..  However the 1/72 scale battleship turrets are really cool to build.. 1/35 scale turrets the same.. 1/35 U-Boot.. V1 Ramp... V2 rocket.. 1/16 tanks... Great mix and great quility moldings. Lets see how they do with a complex helicopter kit. I know I will get one for sure (and park my Revell project with all the aftermarket stuff I eventually bought for it :wacko: )

/Niels