New Revell 1/32 Hawker Hurricane?

cbk57

9 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

The Hurricane I mean. I almost got the Fly hurri, after what I've been hearing about it , I'm glad I didn't, it's that bad ?

The biggest challenge is getting the resin MLG bay to fit and not foul on the bottom of the cockpit. I did a number of dry fits to make sure and then the rest went together ok. 

PXL_20211001_014403847-L.jpg

PXL_20220215_200856385-L.jpg

PXL_20220215_200844855-L.jpg

Carl

44 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

The Hurricane I mean. I almost got the Fly hurri, after what I've been hearing about it , I'm glad I didn't, it's that bad ?

Looking back the Fly was not that bad. I did the build but lacked the courage to do the painting. :wacko:

I did a W.I.P. in 2016 when the kit was released. I thought all the photos were lost in the Photobucket fiasco but I just checked. They’re all back.:clap2:

You can find it HERE.

Edited by quang

9 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Same, but also my gut feeling said no. I hope this a leap forward over the old kit.

I like building jets. Props I just assemble.

Why all the dread about end-opening boxes? If you're going to build it just put the parts in a lidded plastic crate. No cardboard dust, no hassle. 

I'm more interested in the kit. I don't need pretty packaging and would happily buy it in a plain brown box.   

Ditto about the gut feeling re: Fly offering. Hearing that Radu designed the Revell sold me on it in advance. 

Tony  

18 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

The FLY Hurricanes are not bad at all. They require a bit more work than a kit from a major manufacturer but you can build a really nice Hurricane out of it. Just take a look in the Ready For Inspection section of the forum.

The Revell kit would need to be quite good before I would chose it over the FLY kit to be honest. They are priced almost the same I can see

/Niels

59 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

The FLY Hurricanes are not bad at all. They require a bit more work than a kit from a major manufacturer but you can build a really nice Hurricane out of it. Just take a look in the Ready For Inspection section of the forum.

The Revell kit would need to be quite good before I would chose it over the FLY kit to be honest. They are priced almost the same I can see

/Niels

I have several Fly Hurricanes in the stash, I've built the PCM MK.1 - needs bit of effort, but the final result is great.

The Fly kit has pretty similar engineering, but with better detailed plastic.

Don't be so quick to dismiss these kits - they are very good, but not necessarily to everyone's taste.

The Revell will be an easier project certainly, but whether it's better is to be seen.

:hmmm:

21 minutes ago, mozart said:

End opening box or not, I’ve put Revell’s new tool Hurricane on back-order at Hannants. If Radu is associated with it I know it’s going to be good enough for me. 

Same here I don't care about no stinkin' box . My daughter will be ordering it for me . not married so I don't have to deal with that LOL I agree with you ,if Radu is on the job , It'll be good [ if they listen to him that is]

25 minutes ago, quang said:

With the growing anticipation and the temperature’s rising, I’d suspect we’ll have a number of WIPs going on. Exciting times :yahoo:

Yeah, and they keep saying the hobby is dying yeah! right . I'm all fired up about a lot of the new releases coming out, too many to build ,not enough time