Zoukei Moura Bf-109 G-14 a Non-Hartmann Build 1/32 Scale

Gazzas

10 hours ago, tucohoward said:

Really nice, Gary! I found this picture in one of my JaPo books. If you want to weather the radiator flaps feel free :)

Jay

20221130_210950.jpg

Thank you for the picture, Jay.  I know it is a big stretch to get from the foot-hold on the fuselage to the wing.  So, that's one of those effects I try not to miss.   It would be impossible for many guys not to accidentally hit it with a toe or heel.  Technically, that's not standing on the wing.  But getting the chipping to look right to my eye has never been easy.    

And with these late war fighters, the aluminum fairing between wing and fuselage has been replaced with pressed wood... AFAIK.  And so far...   I've been really unhappy with my wood-chipping results...  And this will be complicated further by the soot streaming down the wing root.

One thing that surprises me is that there are never any boot polish marks on the side of the fuselage.   I'm Ex-USMC, and I can tell you that wherever Marines go, there will be boot marks on every wall they pass.  So, the ground crews must take them off, or the paint is very good at self-protection.

Champion work Gary! I pursuaded myself not to get this kit since I’ve already built multiple 109’s. But your build, Andys, and Jays is making that difficult. On the topic of tire weathering, I’ve had good success applying pastel powders in a wash, and you can modify it easily.

Cheers,  Tom

Gaz, if your on Facebook search up Garage Session Modelling. Ralph Reise, a modelling friend of mine who I haven't spoken to in quite some time, is a 109, 190 modelling legend. Plenty of inspiration with regards to wing root weathering. He's also in Queensland! 

Cheers Bevan 

On 12/3/2022 at 12:57 AM, Uncarina said:

Champion work Gary! I pursuaded myself not to get this kit since I’ve already built multiple 109’s. But your build, Andys, and Jays is making that difficult. On the topic of tire weathering, I’ve had good success applying pastel powders in a wash, and you can modify it easily.

Cheers,  Tom

Thank you, Tom!  I haven't built the Hasegawa G6 but the Revell kit needs a lot of AM fixing:  Prop and spinner, Upper cowling, and bulges are a must.  I'm cursing myself for only ordering 1.  I actually did use pastel powers on the wheels, but maybe my fixer (turpentine) wasn't ideal.  What do you use as a fixer?

18 minutes ago, Scale32 said:

Gaz, if your on Facebook search up Garage Session Modelling. Ralph Reise, a modelling friend of mine who I haven't spoken to in quite some time, is a 109, 190 modelling legend. Plenty of inspiration with regards to wing root weathering. He's also in Queensland! 

Cheers Bevan 

HI Bevan,

Thank you for the recommendation.  I'll look it up.

3 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Thank you, Tom!  I haven't built the Hasegawa G6 but the Revell kit needs a lot of AM fixing:  Prop and spinner, Upper cowling, and bulges are a must.  I'm cursing myself for only ordering 1.  I actually did use pastel powers on the wheels, but maybe my fixer (turpentine) wasn't ideal.  What do you use as a fixer?

You can use X20A thinner.... spritz it on with your airbrush ala Mike Rinaldi style or I guess you cold use a paint brush.

Cheers Bevan 

HI everyone...

I'm close!  So close.  So close that I won't post any aircraft pics and spoil...   the ummm...   surprise.   But I am done with pilot and ground crew guy.   Here they are...

IMG_1622.thumb.JPG.27bb67d0a8c70d4ce7f714e1ceafb45e.JPG

IMG_1623.thumb.JPG.8b57ab607f1fb73fded81e2f04893d8b.JPG\

IMG_1624.thumb.JPG.463a9cbffab41819abe2f831dccd8b25.JPG

IMG_1625.thumb.JPG.cc83ca1146c5c621db2b87097100f02c.JPG

My figures still suck...  I painted all of the uniform details by hand, using my reading glasses combined with my visor to enable me to paint the tiniest of marks.  You might be able to see that my pilot Feldwebel has three sets of wings on his yellow collar patches.

And the canvas of the parachute.  I hate painting canvas.  It always looks different than the way I want.  Either too yellow, too brown, or too white.  PITA.

Anyway.    Happy modelling!

IMG_1625.thumb.JPG.cc83ca1146c5c621db2b8

"Er ..Hans........ Ich bin unkomfortable mit die attention sie insist ont giving mich . I kanst strappen der parachutten mein self .!!"

#AwkwardOstFront

Honestly Gary , your figure work is really good . It's just you seeing the faults , especially if you are looking at XX magnification:D . Looking forward to seeing the RFI on this one . 

2 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

IMG_1625.thumb.JPG.cc83ca1146c5c621db2b8

"Er ..Hans........ Ich bin unkomfortable mit die attention sie insist ont giving mich . I kanst strappen der parachutten mein self .!!"

#AwkwardOstFront

Honestly Gary , your figure work is really good . It's just you seeing the faults , especially if you are looking at XX magnification:D . Looking forward to seeing the RFI on this one . 

Thanks guy!  Love your German quote.  LOL