Zoukei Moura Bf-109 G-14 a Non-Hartmann Build 1/32 Scale

Gazzas

HI everyone,

Yesterday, while I was at work, the HGW belts arrived.  I wasted no time in installing and lightly weathering them after having dinner.

IMG_1269.thumb.JPG.d8f0bd7be54abaf93d97fb1b1c79d234.JPG

Some guys like to really grub them up.  But I don't.  I gave them a light brown wash, and then "chipped" them with off-white acrylic paint.  I can't imagine a pilot from any nation happy to climb into a plane in his pristine flight uniform with anything in the cockpit that will touch his uniform looking like a soiled mechanic has been sitting there.

Unlike most 109's, this one actually has a lid to the cockpit tub.

IMG_1271.thumb.JPG.1d1e4d6e3914d4f02ea77ce706e81818.JPG

It's dry-fitted for now.

Finally...  I did a little wing work while waiting for the belts.

IMG_1268.thumb.JPG.e307f3a987666e87633a4d7cb7ec5fe6.JPG

The lower-wing panels fit without gaps.  Nor was any sanding required to get them to lay evenly.

This kit is just amazing regarding fit.  

Happy modelling!

I agree about the seatbelts not being included-this was something of letdown. same thing with the 2-piece wheels and the MG 131 barrels. But the rest of it looks real solid. I really dig the fact that you chose to do something other than Hartmann's scheme. I will also build my kit as a G-6 with the Galland canopy-I think it looks just right as a late war dogfighter. You are off to a grand start. Like many others, I will follow your progress closely ;)

22 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Manufacturer serial #

deliveryService?id=NASM-7893D9E750912_00

Awesome pictures, thanks for posting.  Not sure about those HGW belts.   Never seen ones with markings that large.   Also not to get too nerdy but I believe the number is a parts number, so it would be identical on both belts (as in the picture above).  

Edited by John1

5 hours ago, John1 said:

Awesome pictures, thanks for posting.  Not sure about those HGW belts.   Never seen ones with markings that large.   Also not to get to nerdy but I believe the number is a parts number, so it would be   Identical on both belts (as in the picture above).  

4 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

It's what keeps me from buying them.

Cheers,

Damian

That is the problem with researching the past.  One person sees an occurrence and assumes it occurred all of the time.  Whereas another person saw another occurrence and refuses to believe any other occurrence  is possible.