Mitsubishi J2M2 Raiden (雷電) prototype (Hasegawa 1/32)

sillymodeler

Hi everyone.

I built Mitsubishi J2M2 Raiden prototype (Hasegawa 1/32)

The color scheme is a bit unusual, but Japanese prototypes and training aircraft were painted this color. Although I do not often build WW2 aircraft, I built this kit because I am living near the former airfield where this plane was tested for development. 

Raiden (雷電) means thunderbolt, coincidentally, American and Japanese thunderbolts both look fat, and I like these looking. I look forward to building American thunderbolt as well in the future.

I built this out of the box, just putting a lot of riveting on the fuselage. The fitting of parts is generally very good, and it’s easy to build. 

I hope you guys enjoy it.

AL9nZEXG23O1xp07BkJWpGJmgFePOHyb-bkwJIt7

AL9nZEVvytWCe0R5Za6z2509SMvvLNIeFooJPKHt

AL9nZEV-j1gc9rDA2tp8L1-O4Nq-BLWaOcqZS1Q2

AL9nZEX1r2R3VzTuK2mJ5g9KfxgoOXR2Q5S3kU7t

AL9nZEUhpu02mRzNiryZfi98qlF6n53l0K2Km-tG

AL9nZEVkuNXR6ak_do9D1hMwGvvLPlIovmFgak7P

AL9nZEVp-D9nGaAnhmayAiwi2g0IPJnGqvIM5STLAL9nZEVNMQiDHqJRHG8q96cvDlpA6jlSvYQ0RmXpAL9nZEUdNtv6Cr7FTRbKi2DfZzm6D8BhbJUby89OAL9nZEVoi8KaeGJ1i0JVdxJ4I8bcaqfsEcJyK_UPAL9nZEVzTmOxRfNIN-dFN0gqX0JiL4fKZPVtMAr3AL9nZEW1gyD5gDT8D50xa7wRj0mbB-VZkAI9eueCAL9nZEXusUU4Wpg_81GyMqw9rxaNrt_85GsIVjAF

Very nice subject and well executed.  I also noticed you riveted the airframe which also adds to the level of interest.  I have no patience for doing such tedious work so my hat's off to you for doing this task.  I also like the way you painted the eyes on the figure, very appropriate and accurate if I do say so.

Edited by Juggernut