Junkers J.I (Wingnut Wings 1/32)

sillymodeler

Hi everyone

I completed this model about a month ago.

Junkers J.I
Wingnut Wings 1/32

This is one of the first groups of kits released by WNW, and it is already a great kit. Basically, I built this out of the box but just added a few details on the frame of the engine cowling and spark cables.

As this was the first mass-produced metal aircraft,  silver color was sprayed for the wings as a base color of chipping, and oxide red was used for the armored engine cowling as well. In addition, although it is not very visible, I attached aluminum film to the upper left wing and opened holes to reproduce bullet holes.

This is a very big kit, so it was a bit difficult to take pictures, but I hope everyone enjoys it.

AL9nZEVoEOVDR4lziQAHOzxzNWa1WUY5DV1sVDiq

AL9nZEXiu_LzKE5e5yMt8PqsVVLqZ1uZupAOssjC

AL9nZEXZOlfVOs9cN1U9aEHXrMv__Aiq_BT30alq

AL9nZEVp5ddcGbUWJlWKkwtFs6TKGA_x-h0Lk3VJ

AL9nZEVW_cOG2seuy02w_kWDSuuTij9kQuwP9Ozn

AL9nZEUnf7jGo4l5e5BNbr01VwdQR_-V6uGNBGIz

AL9nZEVs1nwKuO43oNbdg_pC1WqV9QEQ5TGECIwM

AL9nZEXwLuxR4JDO4drIdvfMjyyqk9TZ_jtKlyqx

AL9nZEV9dtD9uSolxFOtjeZZfqGamPnHILjpDQtw

AL9nZEXTIy5bsmwJfKF_MFUwag7FnbcavOTBq5kDAL9nZEVGp4LveQPZjSU1kv4rETafxf4vt3ZpifBB

Thank you for all the kind comments!

I added some additional photos of the build process. One idea I tried for painting the propeller is using a jig of stacked 0.5mm aluminum plates with a gap between them.  It worked well to draw color boundaries. 

AL9nZEWYXKzvLS57TPAIm7ECWbib0gUs7Xl_09iFAL9nZEW31OxE5WHEa7Bt14dIYu3TCn85DQOzQDkMAL9nZEUiraZT2Zd8brcSLpRELTb9jcEGQvvvmtopAL9nZEUmDqrrBHR3ziJLjXW__DWhD1d2QNWjRFrJAL9nZEUTBLYAQJwGjFtCtXxsM0Uw8_oxN-ZzcNRKAL9nZEW9QZ_zSDyuYQmqTll7KR1JtkkexcwQQObXAL9nZEWfgaiyqq2BU_J0ZZqDbxDIwOYy7Z9b2hty

Edited by sillymodeler