1/32 Revell Westland Lynx Mk.8

Porsche

Following on from my previous submission of the Swordfish, I thought it might be enjoyable to construct something else with folded wings (although preferably without any rigging!) So, once again, I stepped out of my comfort zone and I decided on making a Helicopter. I chose the Lynx and decided to flood it with after market goodies. I used the BigEd set and the scalewarship rotor fold set. In addition I carried out lots of scratch building detail including the mesh guards over the engine intakes (I'm not very happy with those and will probably put covers over them at a later date) I kept the weathering to a minimum on this kit as I found little evidence of them being unduly weathered whilst in operation?  Cheers, Kevin On with the snaps...b2PVu7N.jpgeQNPf8C.jpgxwO7XT2.jpgP8sdb7k.jpg9YGjKge.jpgiJXuI4W.jpggf9zoBq.jpgy2Af16z.jpg17yz01k.jpgF84fJ5v.jpgF1K6IzA.jpgCCGnfDA.jpg

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

Wowsers , great to see a modern FAA subject . Really nice execution and some great snaps - you're 100% correct about the weathering . Bravo ! 

Many thanks Panzerwomble much appreciated!

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Wow! I love it. Not a very common kit to see.

Thanks very much Thierry, very kind!

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Very nice Lynx . Helicopters ( especially european )are unfortunately a bit underrepresented

in this forum . I do not understand this . Maybe a good Mojo for some to start a helo !

Stefan

Many thanks Supersonic....concur on the lack of helos!

5 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Great to see a Lynx, and very nicely done too.

Thanks very much Kagemusha!

2 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Very nice! How well did the kit go together? Is there a build log somewhere?

Much appreciated Rockie.....no build log unfortunately. The pe set took a long time and, in retrospect, there are items that I used that I wouldn't bother with again. The wing fold set needs careful planning but the kit went together easily. One thing I would add is that it's practically impossible to pick up without knocking something off! Kevin

On 9/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Lovely efforts all the way around on this one.  I really like it.  

Many thanks Troy, much appreciated!

On 9/13/2022 at 7:00 PM, Cicciuzzo said:

Una bellissima realizzazione ;)

Very kind Cicciuzzo thank you!

• 3 weeks later...