Hasegawa 1/32 Bf109F-4 Trop, H. J. Marseille

Nikola Topalov

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Antonio Argudo said:

Hello Nikola, wonderful paint  and weathering job, however be aware about  the seat,  that model  was used in F2 versions, on F4 the production  it became the standard used  in the ongoing  variants.

Hi Antonio. Thank you, I am glad that you like it so far. :)

As for the seat, it was a tricky question for me as well so I searched around for some answers. It looks like the early F4s had the same seat as the F2s. Hasegawa only shows this option in the instructions, although you get both seat types in the kit.

Here is a picture of Marseille with clearly a high backrest seat sticking out behind him:

xebUINI.jpg

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, tucohoward said:

Nice work, Nikola! The rudder is meant to be that way. The real planes were like that to offset engine torque.

Jay

Ah, makes sense. Didn't cross my mind. Similar to how P51 has its rudder offset. Thanks for the info Jay! Appreciated!

Best,

Nikola

7 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi Nikola , in the last pic, that rod in the middle of the chin scoop is a drain pipe and

should have a drain hole at the bottom of it.

HiNMpoRFE.jpg

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tip. There is a small circular indent in the kit part so I guess I should drill it out completely. Does the rod go all the way to the hole?

Edited by Nikola Topalov