RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II

geedubelyer

A couple of weeks ago, the wife asked me a question. It was about the order of succession in the Royal Family. And we discussed then about the Queen's health. At that time, I honestly thought it would be a couple of years, and then Charles would be on the throne.

Today, I have almost been glued to the news ever since it was announced about the health issues! I was still shocked and saddened by the announcement at 18:30 BST of Her Majesty's death ! 

I am proud to say that I served in Her Majesty's Armed Forces (RAF). Thank you for your 75 years of service to your Country and people, and your 70 years as our Monarch. Clear skies Ma'am!

God save the King!

55 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

The older I get, the less I like any kind of change.  I don’t like this one at all.

So true - Decimalisation, metrication, the death of Elvis, George & John, Bowie, Joe Strummer; so many other icons of our time gone; not just musically - now this...

...this hurts.

What an amazing world leader, woman, person Queen Elizabeth II was. We all face this time in our lives, but it is a wrench for those around us.

I hope her legacy lives on with her successors, and we continue to get this quality of leadership. Our world sorely needs it.

9 minutes ago, Pete Roberts said:

What an amazing world leader, woman, person Queen Elizabeth II was. We all face this time in our lives, but it is a wrench for those around us.

I hope her legacy lives on with her successors, and we continue to get this quality of leadership. Our world sorely needs it.

Well said Pete. +1

Don

6 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

very well said - I think this is how most of us feel

so sad, she was the nation's soul

Peter