Upcoming Japanese Model Show - New Tamiya Releases?

John1

18 hours ago, Tony T said:

Heresy! 

However, I do worry about my carbon footprint, which must by now — having bought loads of kits and vinyl records since about 1965 — be pretty awful.

Tony

that is something that has entered my mind more frequently over the past year or so. The amount of waste from each kit is staggering. I try and reuse as much as possible but our hobby is wasteful and environmentally unfriendly. I suspect our current norm with regards to the hobby will be very different in 10-15 years time due to this.

21 hours ago, jbrennan said:

Now steady on ! I was trying to inject a little humour here. You need to lighten up and be a little less intense. At the end of the day we are talking about bits of plastic which in the bigger picture come in a pretty low priority. 

Take it easy

jon

There is nothing more serious than the assembly of bits of plastic into a high-fidelity replica of a classic aircraft like a P-51K.   Would you have told Michaelangelo to relax, because he's only slapping some pigment against some parchment?   I think not.

Giants can be given new directions if and when pushed consistently, regardless of the size of the pusher.

Nay sayers could say this is true as long as the giant wants to be moved in that direction and does not resist, which also has logic in itself, but this is probably the only way to raise some attention.

I fully support the inititative, I'll spread it as much as I can and put my whole support whereeer I can. If it leads nowhere we have got nothing to lose and if it does maybe we'll have a kit we so long wish to have.

To walk a talk, no matter how big a difference and influence it makes, is always better than lip service.

Marcus-Hook-Tugs.gif

54 minutes ago, John1 said:

There is nothing more serious than the assembly of bits of plastic into a high-fidelity replica of a classic aircraft like a P-51K.   Would you have told Michaelangelo to relax, because he's only slapping some pigment against some parchment?   I think not.

Michaelangelo wasnt trying to move heaven an earth to get Tamiya to release a kit.

Jon

2 hours ago, jbrennan said:

Michaelangelo wasnt trying to move heaven an earth to get Tamiya to release a kit.

Jon

47 minutes ago, dutik said:

What a shame! Thing about the great boxtop artwork he'd have provided! Each box a small Sixtina Chapel by itself :crying:

Regards

- dutik

The mind boggles Dutik - compter graphics eat your heart out ;).

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

The 1/32 market is DEAD....I do not see anything coming on that front. No F-16s, F/A-18s and so on. No, new tool F-14... Nice to have another 1/48 F-35 but it is what it is. Cash is king of course.

I love Tamiya and if you thought Tamiya were the only company out there you would be right but I have a Great Wall 1/32 Hawk 81 and a Kotare Spitfire Mk I on order, I could purchase a Zoukei 1/32 Bf-109G but don:t have the time with those two awaiting me.  There are some great manufacturers that are delivering all of the high quality LSPs we can handle a new Airfix 1/24 is on the way too.  How much time do you have to build?  I see you mentioned jets and some 1/32 jets have been released albeit by Italeri, Trumpeter and others, the quality may not be as good but they are out there.  Is modeling life really so bad?  Tamiya is my favorite manufacturer but I have plenty to work on if they never do another LSP.  If Tamiya never did another 1/32 kit I would be fine, just disappointed, even from their current catalog, I have yet to build a 1/32 F-16, F-15, F4u-1a, F-4 or Mosquito.  From that list alone I would need 5 years to complete all of those planes if I chose to build them all.

I forgot to mention, everyone that bought a new Border model lancaster is going to be working away on a singular kit for the next two years.  Just that kit alone could make it pointless to issue a 1/32 new kit if half the 1/32 plane enthusiast bought and built a lancaster.  

Edited by cbk57

52 minutes ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

I think the second announcement is due tomorrow.

I have watched every Tamiya hobby show release for years and I have never seen them do an announcement after the show has started.  If they drop a Saturday announcement I would expect this is something that is super special to them if not to us as 1/32 plane enthusiasts.   A separate dripped in announcement is not going to be just another armor or 1/24 car kit.  To me to merit the approach you are contemplating this would have to be a important 1/350 ship, 1/12 car,  or 1/32 plane.  I do not know what else they would anounce that they would segregate in such a manner.   However it was announced there were going to be two all new tool kits.  The wording “new tool” was specifically used which does not suggest RC.  

For Tamiya to break out an announcement in this manner would mean they need to announce an Iconic subject that is definitive and a show stopper.  1/32 P-51B, 1/12 Porsche Turbo, 1/350 (I just do not know what to put here akin to Missouri, Bismarck, Enterprise, Hood)  

Edited by cbk57

3 hours ago, cbk57 said:

For Tamiya to break out an announcement in this manner would mean they need to announce an Iconic subject that is definitive and a show stopper.  1/32 P-51B, 1/12 Porsche Turbo, 1/350 (I just do not know what to put here akin to Missouri, Bismarck, Enterprise, Hood)  

Musashi, Tirpitz, Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Hiryu, Shokaku, Zuikaku, KGV, Prince of Wales,...