Upcoming Japanese Model Show - New Tamiya Releases?

John1

13 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Please do, I would vote for the Hellcat F6f-3 personally.  But we need to tell Tamiya what we want.  I proposed on a prior page of this thread that we aggressively assert out interest with TAmiya to get a plane we want, however, there seems to be no interest in doing more than complaining and talking to ourselves.  We need to be vocal with Tamiya and maybe we will get what we want.

If you tell me who to complain to, I am totally onboard. I would love a Hellcat, a P-47, and a P-38. I would have said an ME-109, but I got the new one out and it looks great. 

6 hours ago, CShanne said:

If you tell me who to complain to, I am totally onboard. I would love a Hellcat, a P-47, and a P-38. I would have said an ME-109, but I got the new one out and it looks great. 

Email tamiya usa, or comment on their facebook page.  Also the poster I replied to is apparently doing a survey on Tamiya blog, that likewise is monitored by Tamiya USA and by Tamiya inc.  Every year Tamiya usa sends requests to Tamiya inc, some get made into models.  Not every year but if we don't make noise no one hears us.

After posting this response I went to Tamiya USA website, contacted customer support selected product inquiry and told them I want a new 1/32 LSP and that many of us do, I asked for a Hellcat, but go there and tell them what you want.

Edited by cbk57

16 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I sent an email with my requests , P-38, F6F, and a P-51b/c, maybe if they get enough of those requested then we MIGHT see some magic, I'm sure a new tool P-38 will be north of $300, the others , mid $200s , just guessing tho, yeah?

Kate, Val, P-38, Me262 are my votes. I would buy any one of them (and probably all). Let's keep a steady stream of requests coming from us.  If Tamiya don't hear from our interest group we only have ourselves to blame. 

8 hours ago, adameliclem said:

I mentioned this in another thread recently, but this “Guesses and Wishes For Tamiya 2021 Releases”  post on Tamiya’s Blog is pretty illuminating. The post dates from December 2020. Out of one hundred fifty-seven responses, only four respondents asked for new aircraft in 1/32nd scale: Ki-43, Ki-45, P-51B, Bf-109K, Bf-109E or F, and Fw-190A. Another respondent asked for 1/32nd aircrew figures. The overwhelming majority asked for cars, trucks, motorcycles and armor, and many of those requests were for re-releases or new-tools of older subjects. A handful requested aircraft in 1/48th, and their lists were longer and more diverse than those asking for 1/32nd.

Tamiya has said that they listen to the market place. They aren’t hearing much from us. If they ask again this year, I’ll vote for a P-38, and I’ll post a link to the Tamiya Blog so more of us here can have a say. 

Cheers,

Adam

Spot on Adam.  If we want 1/32 aircraft and Tamiys really do listen to the market, we do need to make our voices heard.

13 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I am starting a thread on Tamiya USA facebook page, to be called Tamiya new 1/32 plane wanted.  You post what you want.  We won't get anything soon but we need to be more assertive.

Assertive, yes, and in a politely enthusiastic way, as Mr. Tamiya and his company deserve. 

Cheers,

Adam

57 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

I am starting a thread on Tamiya USA facebook page, to be called Tamiya new 1/32 plane wanted.  You post what you want.  We won't get anything soon but we need to be more assertive.

Can someone post a link to this page or is this a group page you have to join?

7 hours ago, CShanne said:

I checked the next year’s “Guesses and Wishes for Tamiya 2022 Releases” poll. Out of one hundred-seventy respondents, six asked for aircraft in 1/32nd scale. The P-47D, Bf-109G-6 and E-4 and F6F Hellcat were requested. Again, the great majority was for stuff that rolls on the ground, with a small uptick in wishes for aircraft in 1/48th and 1/72nd scales.

Adam

3 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I might just have a go at this, as much as I despise social media.  We need to make our opinions heard, and in this day and age, bookface etc seems to be the way to go.

It's been pointed out here that the Mossie's possible lack of sales is the reason Tamiya don't do any more 1/32 planes.  If so, then wishing for a P-38 might be a stretch for them.  It's also been pointed out that Japanese model makers are conservative, and that wouldn't surprise me in the least.  So no Beaufighter or Macchi C-202/205 either.  But there's still plenty of mainstream models they could do and these would be (relatively) big sellers.  How about a couple of P-40E, F, K, L, M or N and razorback plus bubble top P-47's for starters??  Or a Wildcat and Hellcat?? There's a few years worth of releases alone.  Then they could do some BMW powered FW-190 and Jumo powered FW-190D and lets not forget a 109E, F, G or K.  There's about a decade of releases.  As an example of a lesser modelled plane, but just as famous, we could also hope for a Hurricane.  There isn't a good LSP kit of this on the market, so I suspect that would be a good seller too.  Further, could we dare hope for an Oscar or Tony??

It is very disappointing that Tamiya haven't released anything new in so long as their kits are some of the very best to build.  But they are in danger of becoming just a footnote in LSP history given all the newer good quality kits released by others since the Mossie.  So I think we should give them a bit of a push.

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

I don't think Tamiya will be releasing any new 1/32 kits this year so don't get your hopes up when the Japanese model show opens. I think Tamiya have moved onto other stuff. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong but I doubt it. I'd happily put down $300 or so for an all new tooled 1/32 F-14A like their 48 scale kit. Now who's going to release that 1/32 F-111 that I really want.