Upcoming Japanese Model Show - New Tamiya Releases?

John1

16 minutes ago, CShanne said:

Not that it will happen, but I really want a 1/32 P-47.  However, I suspect that 1/32 will get no love from Tamiya yet again. Perhaps I am being pessimistic. 

The Hasegawa kit isn't bad but needs some "attention".  A new Tamiya 1/32 P-47D (bubbletop please) would be very welcome, especially with the wonderful R-2800 they already have as a basis for the -59 engine.

Edited by Juggernut

I have a feeling that there won’t be anything in 1/32 scale, no matter how much wishing there is in this thread.  It seems to me that they’re done making aircraft in 1/32.  In fact, they may not announce anything new at all.  There days, model companies seem to announce kits via social media or web pages instead of making big reveals at Model Shows.

My hunch is another 1/48 McDonnell Douglas F-4.

I was hoping for an F-4EJ (which entered JASDF service almost exactly fifty years ago), to do a Falcon/Sparrow alert bird which actually looks like an F-4E hardwing, but an F-4J would be bad too — diverting precious funds into that scale for the personal Crimbo budget.

So, perversely, I'm hoping nothing appealing, and it's just a giant scale motorcycle or radio controlled tank. 

Tony 

I have a feeling that there won’t be anything in 1/32 scale...

I suspect you're right having had a look at the posted link but I still hold out hope to a certain degree.... They just released the 1/48 P-38J kit which is stellar but doesn't come with any options to make a late P-38J (which is  the one I want).

Having said that, I think we can all agree that only folks associated with the company and/or with access to such information can say with any degree of certainty that Tamiya is done with 1/32.  Everything else is just speculation like the multiple "wish list" threads that pop up every other day [just like this one is devolving into].  We all know that Tamiya does what Tamiya decides to do and with no particular time or fashion constraints. As consumers, we're usually the last people to know.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a 1/48 Hasegawa Typhoon bubbletop to finish (since Hasegawa has not been inclined to release an injected kit of this aircraft in 1/32)....

Edited by Juggernut

Hi

Whats the point of this post? Speculating on a show coming up and suggesting Tamiya do 2 kits that have been done nicely (Tamiya Mustang)already or coming up (ZM 109) in 1/32? Oh well such is life, Another wish list. 

Edited by Pup7309

45 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Hi

Whats the point of this post? Speculating on a show coming up and suggesting Tamiya do 2 kits that have been done nicely (Tamiya Mustang)already or coming up (ZM 109) in 1/32? Oh well such is life, Another wish list. 

That’s just how these thing go.