Border to do a Fw190 next...

NewtonK

I love the 190, if they get the gear angles right and do something like an a-5 or a-3 to 4 I think I would take one.  Don't care about the scale, for me landing gear, shape, fit and detail if those are good I am interested in this.  Zoukei has taken way to long with theirs and if this does the job I might get one.

If Zoukei gets their kit out and you have the Border 1/35 and the Zoukei 1/32 next to each other, which should have comparable levels of exterior detail, I bet it will be really hard to tell which is which by the naked eye. 

Edited by cbk57

2 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I love the 190, if they get the gear angles right and do something like an a-5 or a-3 to 4 I think I would take one.  Don't care about the scale, for me landing gear, shape, fit and detail if those are good I am interested in this.  Zoukei has taken way to long with theirs and if this does the job I might get one.

If Zoukei gets their kit out and you have the Border 1/35 and the Zoukei 1/32 next to each other, which should have comparable levels of exterior detail, I bet it will be really hard to tell which is which by the naked eye. 

Mmmmhhh... No! If one is one inch smaller than the other one in length and more than one inch in width I'm sure you will see it! I'm agreeing most people would not realize the difference if both were not close to each other but in your case a close to 10% difference is not minor. If you are not convinced do the test with two sheets of paper with such a difference size!

10 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Mmmmhhh... No! If one is one inch smaller than the other one in length and more than one inch in width I'm sure you will see it! I'm agreeing most people would not realize the difference if both were not close to each other but in your case a close to 10% difference is not minor. If you are not convinced do the test with two sheets of paper with such a difference size!

You are right, but for me the difference does not matter, only if the model itself is worth while.  I get tired of the insistence on 1/32 or nothing, it seems very closed minded.  I support great quality models being tooled and if a company wants to offer them in 1/35 I have no problem with that.        

To me it is not 1/32 or nothing. If someone is interested in a smaller but very nice kit, there are tons of them in 1/48 and I fully respect people loving them. By the way, two of my friends are 1/48 die hard modellers. I simply do not see the global benefit for the community to get kits marginally smaller and not cheaper but for which the difference with 1/32 is visible. I know some modellers do not care about scales. I have no problem with that but if you like keeping some scale consistency this does not help. Keep also in mind that initiative implies the full current aftermarket ecosystem is useless. I have yet to see a serious offer of 1/35 Me109 decals! By the way, ask car modellers what they think of the 1/24 - 1/25 conundrum!