Zoukei Mura Bf109G-14 /U4 - UnBoxing

Thunnus

1 hour ago, Alain Gadbois said:

''At ZM, we pride ourselves at reproducing the intricate details of the Bf109 landing gear with complete authenticity.''

B2oU29v.jpg

Oups...

Alain

PS:fake quote from ZM!

A tall-tailed G-6, I would guess.  A suppose a quick giveaway would the flat area behind the pilot seat, instead of the protruding box area.

On 9/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, Uncarina said:

John,

Thank you for the thoughtful overview! I really like that options are available for different versions. I’d probably lean towards an aircraft not painted in RLM 74-75-76 and with a tall tailwheel; just a personal preference. Does the kit include seatbelts?

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom!  The kit does NOT have any seat belts that I could see.

On 9/5/2022 at 10:07 PM, Dpgsbody55 said:

Great review, John.  I was particularly interested in your comments about the undercarriage both on this kit and the Ta-152 which I have on order.  Like you, I've wondered if it is possible to leave these parts off until it's painted.  This kit may well be my next project, assuming the etch and brass guns barrels arrive before I finish my present project.  Guess we'll find out then. :)

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael!  Yes, we'll find out for sure when we start building this kit.  But the Ta-152H leg situation can be very tricky.  You should expect cracked seams, on the leading edge as well as within the wheel well, when you force those part in.

Thanks for the sprue pics

I have one on order and have little doubt it will be the best 109 of any variant in 1/32; whether it is 'better' than the Tamiya G-6 in 1/48, well yes it probably is if you value detail over ease of construction - not quite an apples to apples comparison I realise

I am slightly disappointed by the lack of rivet detail - in our scale i think aircraft risk looking somewhat 'nude' without it

at first glance, the Beule look rather too square to me, but maybe it's the camera or maybe it's me not actually comparing to any reference, only what I remember them to be shaped like

interested in others' thoughts

either way quite excited

Nick

That's a nice scheme... I wonder if that's Gefr. Alfred Michel in the photograph with the bandaged head?  He appears to be wearing German flight boots (for lack of the correct term).  If that is him and it was his first mission, it certainly was his final and only mission....

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Got word from the supplier the kit was in, payment has been received and kit posted.  Also got a text from the courier to say parcel will be with me on Monday.

Cannae wait fer the bloomin' weekend to be over...

Me too, very exited to get my ha ds on this kit and have a proper look.

Regards. Andy