1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf109 G-2 converted to an F-4 Trop

monthebiff

42 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Just catching up here Andy and this build is very impressive! Might have to do this conversion as well!

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks for  looking in Tom, it is a pretty simple conversion with just the wheel wells being a little tricky but I think I have a plan in mind now :rolleyes:

Regards. Andy 

• 4 weeks later...

Still plugging away at this one and now have the cockpit decalled using a mix of Barracuda and Airscale 

20221016-115320.jpg

20221016-115434.jpg

20221016-115456.jpg

20221016-115822.jpg

Just need to add some belts and final weathering but about there. Also managed to make a start on the wheel well adjacent as the F-4 usually had round wells

20221008-191318.jpg

Will need to get the fuselage closed up before I can modify the side walls.

Regards. Andy 

On 10/19/2022 at 4:30 AM, Uncarina said:

Nice work, and I’m taking notes!

Cheers,  Tom

Thank you Tom, it's a pretty easy conversion with the only tricky area being the wheel wells but not all F-4's had round wells! So you could just go with the kit parts if you have no images of your subject showing round wells wells. Just an idea!

Regards. Andy 

• 2 weeks later...

Been nice to get in a decent bit of bench time this weekend and now finally  have the cockpit now completed

20221029-185028.jpg 

20221030-133119.jpg

20221030-133128.jpg

20221030-133142.jpg

Seemed to take forever to get to this point with daily life taking over but hopefully get momentum back on this build now!

Regards. Andy 

2 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

Very nice work. Clean and precise. 

Thank you John, was a fight to get the ZM foot board in after everything was together but we'll worth it.

1 hour ago, tucohoward said:

I like that a lot. Very nice work, Andy.

Jay

Thanks Jay, enjoyed building that one and decided to keep the weathering fairly light.

Regards. Andy 

On 10/30/2022 at 6:21 PM, Borsos said:

Amazing work on the cockpit. And as I started recently Trumpeters Bf-109 F-4, a kit that seems to have less in common with an actual F-4 than Revells G-2, I love watching you focussing on F-4 features here…

best regards 

Andreas

Thank you Andrea's, I have been wanting to build this F-4 since I purchased the decal set and looked at both the Trumpeter and Hasegawa kits and then when the Revell G-2/4 came up I decided this was a really good starting point a nd very much enjoying getting the F-4 features correct.

Regards. Andy 

Cockpit completed and fuselage halves all closed up.

20221103-204422.jpg

20221103-204432.jpg

All very nice but anyone notice the mistake?

20221103-203904.jpg

Well what a monumental F@#"K up that was and didn't fit my carefully modified Barracudacast instrument panel at the right time so can't gt it to fit now! Any ideas would be very much appreciated :wacko:

Regards. Andy