Infinity Models 1/32 Aircraft

George

6 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yep!

"Almost out of Box" GB:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1188

Nice!

Very well done, should do another of those group builds someday...

I have that kit but cant find the energy to build it. I was going to try a DHC-2T conversion (did one on the 1/48 Hobbycraft kit many many years ago (pictures on "Aircraft Resource Center") 

6 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Reminder that Z-M is part of a massive business empire that has the cash flow to go for high-end molding tech for niche subjects.  Infinity is 100% part of a similar empire as Volks.

Matt 

Well, as a reminder, Lukgraph, to the best of my knowledge, is a small shop.  However, their kits appear to be outstanding quality with none of the issues that seem to dog HpH and Infinity.

I followed a couple of WIP threads regarding the Helldiver, and let's say that (a) the builders in question are very, very good, and (b) one of them said he would never touch another Infinity kit again, this one was so bad.  Woefully inaccurate interior, poor parts fit, soft detail, and so on. 

Edited by Mark_C

The surface detail on the Helldiver kit is really awesome but some of the interior detail is kind of soft but this comes with the nature of a short run kit .I do plan on building one here soon I'll be doing some 3D printing most of the interior and engine cowling because I feel this is where most the attention is needed .

Over all other than the I love the kit .

6 hours ago, Mark_C said:

And according to their FB page, Lukgraph's early yellow wing kits were mastered by hand.

And it showed. I have a couple of them, and they're really rough compared to what they're doing now.

Matt 

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

And it showed. I have a couple of them, and they're really rough compared to what they're doing now.

Matt 

Perhaps HpH/Infinity can follow Lukgraph's example and do entire kits this way.  I sure hope so.  I'd like to see them do their 32nd scale MiG-15.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, quang said:

I don’t know much about the Helldiver but I know it would be very hard to improve on the ZM Skyraider, something which cannot be said about many existing kits except perhaps some of the new-gen Tamiya.

It'd better be, as I sold some pretty rare 1/72 kits to finally buy one! :D :D

It also does not come with weapons you need to get an extra set(s) for and you can buy lots of other extra's from ZM -though unlike Infinity they are improvements over the plastic intead of additions, except for the weapons...

21 minutes ago, jeroen_R90S said:

It also does not come with weapons you need to get an extra set(s) for

There is an updated boxing with all weapons included. It generally costs the same as the original issue.:clap2:

As for the extra photo-etchings, they’re cheaper if you buy direct from Eduard.

Edited by quang

Another thing to consider: I know how is the Helldiver (I have 2 kits including one with all the sets) BUT the Vampire kit does not really need the additional sets. A2G weapons were rarely used and the flaps were not always opened. The plastic wheels are OK as such and if cautiously assembled do not need replacement to my eyes. It is the same for the plastic cockpit parts. So the additional photoetched set is just an option. The weight is neither an absolutely required aftermarket item as it is quite easy to do it oneself with epoxy and fishing leads and most kits do not include them. So, there is a clear evolution between their first and second plastic kits. The learning curve still need positive progresses but to me they are going in the right direction. For sure, they are still behind the quality of most Asian producers but it is a hard fact most Asian models kits companies have a very limited interest in going on releasing large scale plane models and this is going close to zero when we consider less-known topics.