2023 LSP Group Build suggestions thread

BradG

1 hour ago, Lee White said:

With Her Majesty's passing, maybe we can do a build of RAF/FAA birds that were used during her reign, ( No Hurricaines or lancasters) and wore UK commemorative livery (Eurofighter painted like a Spitfire, for example).

I agree on the Hurricanes but the last Lancasters left RAF service in December 1953,  RCAF Maritime Patrol Lancaster carried on well into the late 1950s...

Elizabeth II was crowned in 1952 and was head of the Commonwealth so that puts a lot of aircraft up for fair game....

What about a Jennings tribute build entitled 'It's just too Big!'? No? He always amused me with that stuff. 

But more seriously I am actually sad he's no longer around here.  About a decade ago he made me a full set of custom made decals for a 1/48 Spitfire prototype I built (Now sadly lost during a house move) and swore me to secrecy on the website we both frequented at the time that he provided them without charge.  It was a lovely gesture.

Best regards,

Paul

On 9/8/2022 at 11:34 PM, Archimedes said:

I agree on the Hurricanes but the last Lancasters left RAF service in December 1953,  RCAF Maritime Patrol Lancaster carried on well into the late 1950s...

In fact the Spitfire, Hurricane, and Lancaster were all in service for the entirety of her reign - the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight is part of the Royal Air Force, manned by service personnel and funded by the Ministry of Defence.

On 9/10/2022 at 12:29 AM, Neo said:

Post apocalyptic could be cool.

Or abandon or damaged.

I have a plan to built a mig17 abandoned with broken LG and bullet holes rotting away on abandoned airfield

This sounds good - I have a hankering for building a disused aircraft, either one abandoned in Africa or one at AMARC.

Some of the ideas are a little too specific guys, keep in mind we're working within the boundaries of LSP's, so that does restrict us a little. 

I'm not opposed to a Battle Damaged or What If build, but, would there be enough interest? The same goes for a super detailed build, are there enough modellers here that want to build cowlings off? I don't know. Also if this was the case, I think we'd need to extend the more work intense builds to at least 9 months. 

Was thinking about what someone said earlier about something to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II, you could do aircraft that took part in a royal fly past.

That would cover from the 50s to present day and also it could include any country she had a state visit as I'm sure she would've had a fly past.

So that would cover a lot from trainers, helicopters, aircraft and display teams.

Graham 

• 2 weeks later...

The Nordic Connection - aircraft from the the Nordic countries; Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Iceland.  Could be expanded to include aircraft that were long-term based there, e.g. 57th FIS Eagles and Phantoms based at Keflavik, or German Bf109s at the Petsamo front or Fw190s based at Herdla. If one was extra generous, one could include RAF aircraft sent to Norway for winter exercises with the white wash camo...

Jens

Edited by jenshb