Next from Great Wall Hobby??

Bill M.

If GWH do release either or both a P-40 or P-38, then I'd better start saving my pennies for that.  I would imagine the P-40 would be an E series as they were active in the Chinese theatre, so perhaps the P-38 is likely to be an earlier G or H.  Just thinking out loud. 

Perhaps they might also turn their attention to a Japanese fighter too, starting with a Nakajima Ki-43??  Just another thought...  :D

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

If GWH do release either or both a P-40 or P-38, then I'd better start saving my pennies for that.  I would imagine the P-40 would be an E series as they were active in the Chinese theatre,

A P-40B would be an even better idea ;)

19 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Try finding any post from him! He asked his user and related contents to be removed from LSP.

did someone finally offend him instead of the other way around?? :D

Rog :)

19 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Try finding any post from him! He asked his user and related contents to be removed from LSP.

I though that content wasn’t removed when someone left because it would break the context in most of the threads they posted in, especially ones they started.

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I though that content wasn’t removed when someone left because it would break the context in most of the threads they posted in, especially ones they started.

It looks the threads he started disappeared. There was a terrific thread about the Phantom with a lot of contributions by other members. I cannot find it anymore. So I think when he contributed only his posts were cancelled but for his threads this is different. One of the mods will hopefully confirm. 

Yes, Jennings asked for all of his content to be removed, along with his account. The unexpected and regrettable outcome of this is that the process completely removed any threads he started, along with anyone else's contributions to them. Had we foreseen this, the request would have been handled quite differently.

Kev

On 8/28/2022 at 2:15 AM, quang said:

A P-40B would be an even better idea ;)

Pardon my ignorance, I frankly thought the Hawk 81 was a P-40B.  What am I missing?  Is it something so basic as a different seat?  Until the Great Wall Hawk 81 I thought the AVG had P-40Bs until they got the P-40E.  To my eye the Hawk 81 on my shelf is a P-40B.  

2 minutes ago, cbk57 said:

Pardon my ignorance, I frankly thought the Hawk 81 was a P-40B.  What am I missing?  Is it something so basic as a different seat?  Until the Great Wall Hawk 81 I thought the AVG had P-40Bs until they got the P-40E.  To my eye the Hawk 81 on my shelf is a P-40B.  

It’s a P-40B built for the British.  Practically, it has a different seat, the wing guns are .303 caliber instead of .30 caliber, and it has a cranked pitot tube instead of the typical US style straight probe with the small shark fin on top.