IPMS Nationals Telford 2022

Phartycr0c

After a few years at QMHE here in Queensland...   and smaller events...  You get to remember and recognize some of the perpetually stinky ones.  My wife had enough at her first show where she was jostled more than once and won't ever go to another.

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Nice photos!   That dambuster build is quite adventurous.  Must have been hell to transport it.  Probably worried every bump.

Don't worry, it would have bounced.

Some nice looking plastic models in these pics. Looking forward to more.

6 hours ago, denders said:

Nice photos and nice models. The Lanc is impressive but I wouldn't have thought the bomb bouncing would have made that much of a splash, I guess I'll have to do some reading on that operation.

Or could it be exploding? If the aircraft looks rather close that is, I suspect, artist licence.

Edited by MikeC

6 hours ago, denders said:

Nice photos and nice models. The Lanc is impressive but I wouldn't have thought the bomb bouncing would have made that much of a splash, I guess I'll have to do some reading on that operation.

Dambuster Bouncing Bomb Tests at Reculver and Manston

No.-617-Squadron-practice-dropping-the-U

No.-617-Squadron-practice-dropping-the-U

Juraj

Indeed, I'd forgotten about those photos.  MrsC and I visited Reculver some years ago; the testing was duly acknowledged by various signs etc, and it is quite an atmospheric place.

Some very beautiful and ingenious builds on display.  The Dam Busters diorama is brilliant indeed, and I agree it must have been nervewracking to transport.  Since retiring from the U.S. Army I lead what are called staff rides.  These look at battlefields throughout Western Europe in order to glean lessons from history that can be applied by current leaders in a variety of ways.  One of the staff rides I have developed covers Operation Chastise; it is conducted for USAFE (United States Air Force Europe) and next year both the RAF and GAF (German Air Force) have expressed interest.  I can easiliy imagine the Lanc in the display dropping its Upkeep at either the Möhne or the Edersee dam.  Truely a fantastic modelling achievment.

Ernest