IPMS Nationals Telford 2022

Phartycr0c

On 11/5/2022 at 7:28 AM, mozart said:

I too was hoping to make the (long) trek to Telford this year, last visit was 2018, but we have “inconveniently” won tickets (after 10 years of trying) to the Strictly live show at Blackpool the weekend after! Two trips up the M5 and M6 on successive weekends is just too much I’m afraid to contemplate, so I’ll look forward to 2023! 

That's a shame Max but enjoy Strictly! Had a few days away in Bristol in the summer and the M5 road works are not great and now traffic is about back to normal the M5 M6 junction is equally as bad on a daily basis :frantic:We are going on Sunday and very much looking forward to it aftern3 years away. Many miles to travel this weekend as seeing Biffy in Birmingham on Friday, O2 London Saturday and then Telford on Sunday! Will be a superb weekend...Mon the Biff :D

Regards. Andy 

Damn it! Another year without going back to Telford. Some important contracts to analyze before next week fell on my shoulders and this will ask for some weekend hours. I hoped I could take a last minute flight to UK even if this was a crazy idea. Hopefully I did not book anything in advance as this would have been even more frustrating.:angry2:

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

It’s going to be quite mild this year, so remember to pack deodorant and shower gel plus a second pair of Thundercrackers.

We all know how bad model show miasma can be…..

Yes I do know that atmosphere !!

When I did the UK shows I wanted to market Mr Soap and Mr Hot Water I thought it would be a winner:wub:

9 hours ago, Bob MDC said:

Yes I do know that atmosphere !!

When I did the UK shows I wanted to market Mr Soap and Mr Hot Water I thought it would be a winner:wub:

9 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Mr. Not Stink and Mr. Leveling Smell.

Kev

Y'all been looking at The Shoe Guys' store?

All his shoe models start with MR..

BTW, I do have 3 pairs of these high qualty shoes, and I highly recommend both for the product AND for the creator, Simon Bourne

Well, I said earlier I was coming; you'll be reassured no doubt to hear that I've made sure the shower gel and deodorant are ready to be packed ^^^, and I'd like to bring a couple of Ponies along if I may.

You may recall the Revell one I nearly finished for the Blue Box GB:

And one all the way from Iwo Jima:

20200609-144846.jpg

11 hours ago, DrDave said:

It’s going to be quite mild this year, so remember to pack deodorant and shower gel plus a second pair of Thundercrackers.

I think their logic is a smart one (although I just can’t associate myself with the great unwashed). Where it is crowded in the 3 halls and especially navigating the traders stall where you have to go in to see the stock. I think they’re all called Moses as they can mimic parting the sea of modellers to have their own space to move about and see the sales. And then there is Moses with the greasy hair with a parting! a whole package of; well you know:ph34r:. I’ll personally be the sea in this gathering and will accept the bumps, and cueing. 

PS I’m going to speak with that trader in the corner who with a raised voice sells kits with multiple discount (Town cryer chap) and see if he wants to invest in female figurines of soap with every kit:wicked:.

18 hours ago, DrDave said:

lol - Is this a real issue?   

Not trying to be flippant at all, genuinely curious..............The Nationals here are usually fairly large yes, but normally in venues with enough space so that only certain areas get super crowded where you are jam packed together.  Although I have to say I've not ever noticed anyone with excessive B.O. at any level of modeling shows, nor any obtrusively foul odors hanging about.

There are some absolute tramps at UK model shows. Greasy hair, dandruff, filthy clothes and that whiff of  old wee, sweat, thinners and second hand books.

Then there’s the farts. A weekend away from female supervision, on full English breakfasts, beer and curry. No fruit or veg naturally.