To the people at Border Models…

quang

I'd go 1/35 in a thrice for new tool jet aircraft desires I'm convinced will never see regular 1/32 IM styrene. It needs to be a "shelf set", e.g. Voodoos, Phantoms & Thuds in Thailand, 1960s-1970s carrier aviation, QRA Lightnings, Fishbeds and Flagonsetc etc etc. Go on Border, risk a 1960s-1970s combat jet. 

But single engine props in 1/32 or 1/24 only please.

Tony 

2 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Same thing happened in the first thread on this subject. Just another episode of Mystery Spectrum Theater 3000.

Adam

I think after 300 pages of pointless debate about the heresy of aircraft in odd scales ( is Airfx therefore damned for rejecting 1/32 ?) one of the mods closed it down as mostly argumentative drivel .....I live in hope . :coolio:

32 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

I think after 300 pages of pointless debate about the heresy of aircraft in odd scales ( is Airfx therefore damned for rejecting 1/32 ?) one of the mods closed it down as mostly argumentative drivel .....I live in hope . :coolio:

Maybe when the Great Scale Replacement conspiracy theory gets invoked. “They’re coming for everyone’s scales, man! There’s only gonna be one scale! And it won’t be OURS!”

Hey guys!
When I started this thread, my only reason was to share with you this exceptional video of a Kate in action, entirely done in CGI, which suitably struck me as a great inspiration for the upcoming Border release. 
This thread is NOT about one’s favourite scale or trendy new kit manufacturer. So everybody please chill out.

Kind regards,

Quang

6 hours ago, chrish said:

I know I’m an oddball (and not like “Oddball” from Kelly’s Heroes) but the scale, to me seems an insignificant difference or problem and may even be able to entice some armour builders to aircraft…Aircraft builders to armour?? Probably not but there’s a chance. 

If the subject is something I like a mm or two difference in size isn’t going to stop me from crossing the scale divide. 

Having said that i think bigger is better but, any new kit is still nice to see.

Just one guys opinion.

Well a difference of close to 10 percents between 1/32 and 1/35 means the Border kit will be 2.8 cm shorter than the Infinity one! This is not really a mm of difference...:BANGHEAD2: And to me this is quite sad as I would really have appreciated seeing another manufacturer releasing large scale kits in a standard plane scale. However, if some do not care about the scale and are thrilled by that release, I'm happy for them. Thanks for that video Quang! For whatever reason the Val and Kate always stayed in the shadow of the Zero. So, at least, that Border release is putting the light on the Kate and this is also positive for 1/32 modellers.  

P.S. I'm also a 1/35 modeller but only for ground vehicles and some helos.

11 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

The head honcho for development at Airfix said on a recent Sprue Talk video that for the right subject 1/32 could be considered? 

Well ...... it's a start!!!  He he.

3 hours ago, Royboy said:

The head honcho for development at Airfix said on a recent Sprue Talk video that for the right subject 1/32 could be considered? 

Well ...... it's a start!!!  He he.

How long before we see a "What is Airfix's first 1/32 subject going to be?" thread? :whistle:

I know what it is, but my 2nd cousin, who was told by a bloke a friend of a colleague met in a pub, has sworn me to secrecy.  :D

I realize this can be sort of a contentious subject and the OP I'm sure did not intend to kick off another debate of 32nd VS 35th, however like all modeling the way to get more of what we want, is to use our money to purchase the things we want to continue, and withhold our money for things we don't.

I realize this is a bit of an oversimplification, but if 1/35th is going to become a new aircraft scale then people are going to have to buy it, thus allowing Border and any other companies wanting to do this to make more aircraft in 1/35th. However, If they don't want any more 1/35th aircraft then the way forward is to withhold your hard earned money even if its a subject you very much like (like this one for me).

This is my personal plan. We each have to assess if this kind of thing bothers us or not, and spend our money accordingly to promote more of, or less of whatever we want produced, in this case 1/35th aircraft. Purchasing/not purchasing the Border Models Kate, even though its a subject I personally very much like, is just as just as much about sending a message (albeit a very small one) as to what kind of models we want in the future, as it is about how many like the subject itself.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I realize this can be sort of a contentious subject and the OP I'm sure did not intend to kick off another debate of 32nd VS 35th, however like all modeling the way to get more of what we want, is to use our money to purchase the things we want to continue, and withhold our money for things we don't.

I realize this is a bit of an oversimplification, but if 1/35th is going to become a new aircraft scale then people are going to have to buy it, thus allowing Border and any other companies wanting to do this to make more aircraft in 1/35th. However, If they don't want any more 1/35th aircraft then the way forward is to withhold your hard earned money even if its a subject you very much like (like this one for me).

This is my personal plan. We each have to assess if this kind of thing bothers us or not, and spend our money accordingly to promote more of, or less of whatever we want produced, in this case 1/35th aircraft. Purchasing/not purchasing the Border Models Kate, even though its a subject I personally very much like, is just as just as much about sending a message (albeit a very small one) as to what kind of models we want in the future, as it is about how many like the subject itself.

Money talks

23 minutes ago, quang said:

I’d say ‘Bring it on’. At least we won’t have to pay extra for folding wings, extended flaps and who knows… engine! 
Furthermore I cannot afford to wait for infinity (eternity?) because … who knows where the time goes? :P

The 1/32 VAL and KATE are very close to completion. It looks they will be released before the end of the year and i'm not sure the Border one will arrive earlier. Wait and see!