F-35 References

I think your best bet will be scouring official websites for Public Affairs photos. Photo Gallery (navy.mil) Photos (af.mil) Explore Photos (marines.mil) or you can try DVIDS DVIDS - Defense Visual Information Distribution Service (dvidshub.net) it'll show all the US DoD photos--even the ones that don't make the PA cutline. I'm sure other country's have their own Defense websites with pictures as well.

No chance anyone will be doing a walkaround.  

-Peter

3 hours ago, easixpedro said:

DVIDS DVIDS - Defense Visual Information Distribution Service (dvidshub.net) it'll show all the US DoD photos--even the ones that don't make the PA cutline. I'm sure

Idly pursuing that link I found this nice gallery of an F-35A flying with two Thunderbirds F-16s

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/2576168/thunderbirds-fly-with-f-35a-lightning-ii

With everybody and their second cousins flying F-35s or about to, it’s hard to imagine them being as close-hold as, say, the B-2 or the F-117 when it was new.  I’d think the airframe itself is less spy-worthy than all the computer magic that makes it work.

Thanks Alex - I am familiar with google ^_^ and there are a lot of images out there by now, thanks - I was keen to find a place perhaps that included some descriptions of what I am looking at but it may be too classified still for anyone to do that.

/Niels

1 hour ago, Zola25 said:

some descriptions of what I am looking at but it may be too classified still for anyone to do that.

I suspect you are right about that.  I've seen photos annotated to show the different types/locations of missiles/bombs that can be loaded in the weapons bays, but that's about it....

Just now, John1 said:

Just be careful of what you use for references.   The picture above of the weapons bay has a lot of non-standard test gear installed. 

Yes - judging by images taken at airshows etc. it seems that all the orange colored cables are not standard on production aircraft. I know that is an assumption on my side..

I just wish that Blackdog would upscale their sets to 1/32 - in fact I wish they would upscale ALL their sets to 1/32 ^_^

The F-35 Has a Secret "Sidekick" That Lets It Carry Extra Missiles | The  National Interest