Just acquired a Fisher Model and Patterns 1/32 Ryan PT-22

JimRice

I have that kit as well. I’m going to have to practice and learn the foil techniques before I even think of starting it. Start a build thread when you do. I need to do one for the Cougar below. 

I’m in the painting and “final” stages of a Fisher Cougar.  Let me give you a few of my experiences during this process.

When I first opened the box I was blown away at everything.   Then I started looking at parts closer.
 All of the AIM-9’s had warped due to age.  Eduard replacements…

The nose refueling probe was as well.  Opted to build without.

Flaps were warped.  No amount of hot water would flatten them out.   Wound up sanding the bottom flat and using styrene strips and filler on the top.  If I had built it with them drooped it would not be seen.  But the Cougar flaps never drooped while parked. 

The rest of the build was the usual resin process.  Check for pinholes, rough spots, etc.

My biggest disappointment was the canopy to fuselage fit.  Like a big dummy I didn’t fit this before attaching and discovered the front canopy was about 1/8” too wide in the middle.  I had to use several layers of Tamiya putty to fill the gap and reshape that area of the fuselage.  And in my excitement I had already dipped the canopy in Future.  This was my first dipping and it made a world of difference of the hazy resin canopy afterwards.  
Just painted the Corroguard last night.  In hindsight I should have painted this first and taped it off.  

cozzFz.jpg