Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 White 11, JG 51, Flensburg

duke_

36 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Your excellent results have inspired me to buy a bunch of HGW rivets.  They don't have their 109G6 set.  So, I bought the later 109 set and a bunch of free lines...   as well as a 109E set.

yes, they are sold out, i know..

i think you can work with the -AS  , K-4 version , they have late an early versions included .. i think , not exactly G-6 but you can create your own rivet pattern as each set comes with  plenty of free lines (single and double)

Edited by duke_

4 hours ago, duke_ said:

thank you Gazzas!

rivets are just wet transfers from Hgw..

I've always been scared of using rivet tools - too much likelihood of me buggering up my models in the process (clumsy and careless my school teachers used to say in the 60's and 70's and nothing has changed since then !!).  Have not then thought about using wet transfer's as an alternative but these look amazing on your build - time to purchase some and give them a try !!

thank you Jim , i am doing  my best with this,  i hope everything runs smooth 'till the end..

thank you Matt, yes it does add some character.. but is not hat easy after all.. needs careful planning

some more details from painting that is almost complete now..

need to revisit some areas later like the tail rlm 81 and some minor scratches ..

unGueI4.jpg

skDwP3h.jpg

2Dbh3YM.jpg

N3PKauu.jpg

WdGd7a2.jpg XNW8RAV.jpg

8ZNEz44.jpg

p68xXvs.jpg

KOCc0bM.jpg mWOQVKc.jpg

7 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Beautiful!   That riveting looks so much better than a bunch of holes.

thank you Gazzas! yes it looks nice,

different approach, i cant compare them because these are raised and silver rivets and the other with riveting tools are recessed, 

it's a matter of preferences i think. both have pros and cons . The punching method will stay there whatever you do , but, the wet transfers are a real problem if you want to correct mistakes or demarcation lines .. one more paint layer and they are gone.. you have to re apply them.. for  example on the wings when i will spray the white crosses i am not sure if they will be visible anymore  under the white layer ..

21 hours ago, duke_ said:

thank you Gazzas! yes it looks nice,

different approach, i cant compare them because these are raised and silver rivets and the other with riveting tools are recessed, 

it's a matter of preferences i think. both have pros and cons . The punching method will stay there whatever you do , but, the wet transfers are a real problem if you want to correct mistakes or demarcation lines .. one more paint layer and they are gone.. you have to re apply them.. for  example on the wings when i will spray the white crosses i am not sure if they will be visible anymore  under the white layer ..

How do they react to masking?

Those wings look totally awesome!  I can't believe everyone doesn't use these!  I like to paint a lot of my own markings, so masking is always critical.  I use Oramask 810.

...  and worse than anything else...   I hate paint lift.  Really inspiring build!

7 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Those wings look totally awesome!  I can't believe everyone doesn't use these!  I like to paint a lot of my own markings, so masking is always critical.  I use Oramask 810.

...  and worse than anything else...   I hate paint lift.  Really inspiring build!

thanks Gazzas!  i think they don't use them because this is a time consuming process, and you have to be extremely careful and precise when positioning the masks 

there is no room for mistakes. 

i stop using hairspray so i don;'t worry about lifting the paint....

so far, it hasn't happened even once on this project

Your Dora is coming along beautifully, Spyros!  These late war schemes are so interesting aren't they?  I'm very impressed with the 1ManArmy stencils, doubly-so since they are re-usable.  Just wished they included some more standard stencils like the prop data for the blades.