Hasegawa 1/32 Fw 190D-9 White 11, JG 51, Flensburg

duke_

11 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Beautiful work Spyros!  It's so fun to be at approximately same stage of my Dora build as you and Hoss.  Very inspirational.

yes it is! i really, I really want to catch up with you guys  but I think I'm a step behind as I'm still waiting for the seatbelts to arrive..

thanks John!

21 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Some threads need a PG 18 rating, this is one of them. Work is fantastic.

:) :) :) i didn't see that coming!!! that's a good one! Thank you Gerhard!!

about the gun cowling..

after my complain to Aires , they sent me 3 extra sets for free ,of the quickboost d9 gun cowling 

no luck, as all of them were the same as the one i bought, but i thought that it would be a shame not to try to correct this issue

so. one of them was cut in two pieces to see where exactly is the problem with them...( the front one in the photo)

jpg0aj2.jpg

next, with a dry-fitting of the rear part i realised that actually fits ..not that bad .. (although i don;t know what 's going on with that little bulge half, on the resin part is not that prominent.)

z2AHL79.jpg

GU7hPBZ.jpg

so i thought that if i could ''transfer'' the problem to the nose end part then i would avoid to mess with the cowling re-shaping of the kit part...

then i modified another resin cowling removing some section of the rails that connect it to the kit openings in order to move it backwards..

and i've got this..

Rbgrfbo.jpg

c0mLzLR.jpg

and the only issue now is to fill some minor gaps to the front nose

maybe is a solution?

amKPY6c.jpg 7Jp3vcU.jpg

Edited by duke_

• 2 weeks later...

hello again!

seatbelts arrived finally!

cockpit installed and i added an oxygen tube to the seat

PVmAITR.jpg.  MVMkp9n.jpg

one more shot before the cockpit masking..

ixNPiZb.jpg

now the part i hate the most, ..sanding, filling, testing ,sanding filling...

jQZdJD3.jpg

i have also managed to fit the quickboost 3 part gun cover

hjinKLB.jpg

7coN4Xx.jpg

Q6gXguO.jpg   9FvmS8n.jpgH2gFDuL.jpgB2cQSVX.jpg

ready for painting now..

jATvRfO.jpgh9p1VSe.jpg mOpa3mL.jpg

..my first choice was the white 11 from JG51 since it has some interesting features like bare metal gun covers but i want to find some more references if i can ..

(Everyone has a different approach -of course- on the camouflage of this aircraft .. eagle cals, eduard, montex ...at least they all agree on the bare metal panels)

thanks for watching!

S

Spyros - I'm not sure if you have seen it already, but Jerry Crandall's volume 1 has a number of good photos of White 11. Of note are the bare metal gun cover panels for the fuselage mounted MGs as well as the wing root cannons. The flaps' interiors are also unpainted. In addition, Jerry's profile suggests RLM 75 for the front underwing section, including the landing gear doors. Hope this helps. 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:08 AM, Hoss FL said:

Spyros - I'm not sure if you have seen it already, but Jerry Crandall's volume 1 has a number of good photos of White 11. Of note are the bare metal gun cover panels for the fuselage mounted MGs as well as the wing root cannons. The flaps' interiors are also unpainted. In addition, Jerry's profile suggests RLM 75 for the front underwing section, including the landing gear doors. Hope this helps. 

On 9/9/2022 at 4:05 AM, Thunnus said:

And just to throw the Late War Luftwaffe curveball... JaPo's interpretation of White 11 is a little bit different than Crandall's.

IMG-3016.jpg

IMG-3018.jpg

IMG-3017.jpg

IMG-3015.jpg

John, Jim ,

thank you so much guys for this ! i really appreciate your help on this..

Jim, no i don't have Jerry's books but i have the decal sheet that includes the white 11 from eagle editions ,  and he suggests the camouflage of  that aircraft exactly as you said, .as long as i remember, he also suggests for the wing camo 82/83 ..

but ,

the reason i chose this aircraft- besides the metal panels- is what John posted here.. the 76/81 wing combination 

i really like the look of that aircraft on the JaPo book version ..i love that high contrast scheme

Thank you again John for the high resolution pictures ( the one i found was in low resolution.. i couldn't even read the text)

i just want to ask what is the w1 w2 etc paint scheme for the undersides? 

i just realised that JaPo's book Wr. number is 213097 and Jerry's decal is 213007

what's going on..are they talking about the same aircraft?

Edited by duke_