F-16 CJ 1/32 Tamiya. YEAY FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!

Daniel Iscold

Finally I managed to put my hands back on the F-16 recovery project!!! 

It´s time to make an FOD cover for engine intake. Doesn´t worth an effort to repair the damage inside the engine take, so the best way is to cover it with an FOD. To make it I used the original part (lend to me by Claudio Villela, Thanks Fi!!!) as a pattern to shape the epoxi putty. The NIVEA  moisturizing cream was used to soften the epoxi putty two part mix and demolding agent as well. The FOD handles and RBF tapes pocket was made using lead foil. Rogerio "Rato" Marckzak said that I smashed a red pepper an laid it on place!!! Yeah it  is a uncanny resemblece. If you have interest in this technique (mixing NIVEA Cream to soften epoxi Putty), try to use Milliputty and tell me latter what you think! 

0YcugLY.jpg

pDA5UOG.jpg

oMo5Wq7.jpg

zTPs9SX.jpg

red-hot-chili-pepper-realistic-image_982

Edited by Daniel Iscold

1 hour ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

Nivea cream to soften Millipt? I've not heard that one, before....

I wonder if it would soften putty that has gone hard, due to its age? I found five new boxes of Milliput the other day - all have gone too hard due to their age. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Chris 

Here in Brazil we have DUREPOXI,

adesiva_epoxi_massa_durepoxi_100g_873531

this is quite similar to Milliputty in consistency. Even fresh epoxi putty have a hard consistency, then came the idea to sfoten the mixture with moisturizing cream, the experience show me that the best brand/formulation is the NIVEA cream. I´d never try to use it with Milliputty, pelase can you try it and tell us what is the result???? 

Latter on I´ll tell you more about this technique! 

Edited by Daniel Iscold

On 8/24/2022 at 3:16 AM, Daniel Iscold said:

In the end I installed this probe in the tail edge, using stainless stell tube section.  

KDiOIq8.jpg

Can´t wait to put my hands at Pete´s box! 

just a heads up that's not a probe on the real jet. Its a light that shines down on the IFR receptacle so the boom guy has a visual on where he's poking the boom in at night and bad weather. So you can paint it Grey instead of metallic.

Looking fine for the rest sir! One hell of a sexy looking viper!

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

2 hours ago, stusbke said:

just a heads up that's not a probe on the real jet. Its a light that shines down on the IFR receptacle so the boom guy has a visual on where he's poking the boom in at night and bad weather. So you can paint it Grey instead of metallic.

Looking fine for the rest sir! One hell of a sexy looking viper!

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Frederick, thank you so much for your advice!!!! I'll correct it later on!!!!

Sometimes desperate measures are needed to achieve your results. In an night operation, my wife's hair dye brush was stolen to remove some of the bristles. They were used to make static discharge probes. They are fixed with CA glue, then you have unbreakable parts!!!! Now it's time to return this instrument so important to a woman's life!!! Wish me luck guys!!! I forgot to warning all of you, about the mix of NIVEA moisturizing cream and epoxy putty, don´t you think to take your wife´s or girlfriend NIVEA CREAM, you´ll be in a life threatening.

zQEwZGd.jpg

Edited by Daniel Iscold

1 hour ago, Daniel Iscold said:

Sometimes desperate measures are needed to achieve your results. In an undercover overnight operation, my wife's hair dye brush was stolen to remove some of the bristles. They were used to make static discharge probes. They are fixed with CA glue, then you have unbreakable parts!!!! Now it's time to return this instrument so important to a woman's life!!! Wish me luck guys!!! I forgot to warn all of you about the mix of NIVEA moisturizing cream and epoxy putty, don´t you think to take your wife´s or girlfriend NIVEA CREAM, you´ll be in a life threatening.

zQEwZGd.jpg

You’re a brave man! 

• 1 month later...
  • Daniel Iscold changed the title to F-16 CJ 1/32 Tamiya. YEAY FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!