Thin epoxy?

LSP_K2

Water is the enemy of epoxy. As Rick states with "97% alcohol", go with the highest percentage of pure alcohol you can get. The remainder of the alcohol (IPA or Isopropyl Alcohol) is water that will both slow the drying time and result in a weakened final cure. The higher the water content, the longer it will take to cure and the weaker the cured material will be. 

As far as epoxy glues that are water thin to begin with, they don't exist. There are, however, other types of 2-part adhesives and resins (such as fiberglass resin) that do the same thing as epoxy while being considerably thinner. be careful trying to use 2-parts polyurethane resins because they tend to expand and/or bubble up in not confined in a mold. 

HTH,

D

17 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Is anyone aware of a thin liquid epoxy, one that's similar to thin superglue?

Thanks a bunch,

Hello

I would say it depends what you want to do with?

any assembly or casting?

From my side and as far as i know, remembering at work, adding alcohol to adhesive epoxy, as D Bellis said this is not improving its properties...

In an other side, not a problem with using resin to cast. 

I used denatured alcohol when I was ‘glassing RC airplanes.  Envirotex Lite epoxy from Walmart mixed and cut 1:1 or more.  Applied several coats after the initial application. 

wait….

Now that I’m thinking about it, it might have been the 97% stuff. I’m confusing that with when I thinned boiled linseed oil to finish my M1 Garand stock. 

Edited by ScottsGT

Some good ideas here, fellas, so thanks a bunch. I intend to use epoxy (tiny amounts) to secure track pin heads on a 1:16 Panzer IB that I'm working on. Each has already had tiny amounts of CA added, but I want to make sure they stay put.

There are some super thin epoxies at super high prices plus normally only sold in 2kgs kit with low shelf life.

I also use acetone as pure as you can get to aviod the moisture problem 

Have you thought about Thread Lok not used it for a while but that is thin.

Bob