Earned my Private Pilot Certificate!

Daywalker

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

MARU 5137

This is a very powerful and fitting statement, Thank you Maru.

Edited by Martinnfb

Congratulations.  That's quite an achievement.  What have you been flying??

One thing to remember.  It is said that a good landing is one that you can walk away from.  But remember, a great landing is one where you can use the plane again :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

17 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Well done, how many hours did it take you in total? 

A little while ago, I thought about getting my fling-wing certificate but now that I'm 60 and have Type II diabetes (for now), I don't want the enormous expense ($250+ per flight hour or more) and don't think I can pass a flight physical.

Counting the check ride flights, it took me 70.2 hours.  I soloed with 9.7 hours in my logbook last July, and with my busy work schedule and my flight instructor working mostly weekends it took some time but I was absolutely fine with that!

5 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Congratulations.  That's quite an achievement.  What have you been flying??

One thing to remember.  It is said that a good landing is one that you can walk away from.  But remember, a great landing is one where you can use the plane again :lol:.

Cheers,

Michael

I have mostly been flying Cessna 172 N models, with a few training flights in a 152.  I did like the sportier 152, but must admit I like having more than one radio and the vertical seat adjustment on the 172.

Thank you so much everyone for dropping by and leaving a comment, I am still in a state of disbelief that I actually did it.  I have gone into my logbook numerous times to look at my Temporary Airman's Certificate to make sure it was not all just a dream.

1 hour ago, Daywalker said:

Counting the check ride flights, it took me 70.2 hours.  I soloed with 9.7 hours in my logbook last July, and with my busy work schedule and my flight instructor working mostly weekends it took some time but I was absolutely fine with that!

I have mostly been flying Cessna 172 N models, with a few training flights in a 152.  I did like the sportier 152, but must admit I like having more than one radio and the vertical seat adjustment on the 172.

Thank you so much everyone for dropping by and leaving a comment, I am still in a state of disbelief that I actually did it.  I have gone into my logbook numerous times to look at my Temporary Airman's Certificate to make sure it was not all just a dream.

Outstanding!  Welcome to the club, the game and the show.  You are now officially broke.

FYI :  times have certainly changed.  Back in the day, I soloed in five hours, got my private in 40 hours.  I paid $15 an hour wet for a brand new 152 and $10 an hour for my instructor.  With the check ride thrown in, I got my private for less than $1,200.  Long time go; I doubt if most of you were even born.