1XVST3u.jpg?1

some update stuff;

6VeCFUI.jpg

Canadian decals;

Pq7AHNk.jpg

resin flight deck bits

o3GEsXe.jpg

and Master gun barrels...somewhere in this mess

Looking forward to your build, the only real issue I found with building the kit was the wing tips, I had to put some pieces of styrene inside the end of the wing and also the tips to keep them the same size and shape when assembling them, other than that it goes together very well !!!

Good luck with it,

Pat

1 hour ago, patricksparks said:

Looking forward to your build, the only real issue I found with building the kit was the wing tips, I had to put some pieces of styrene inside the end of the wing and also the tips to keep them the same size and shape when assembling them, other than that it goes together very well !!!

Good luck with it,

Pat

Thanks a lot

hopping around (possibly stupidly?) in the build and instructions, I've got to work on the engines. The engines are quite nice but, could go with a lot more plumbing, I may just go with "nothing to see here black" and shut the cowls, hoping to keep the lines of the aircraft I'm also going with bomb bays closed.

phwhxUM.jpg?1

XnUPJZU.jpg?1

HOEAJGk.jpg?1

LbLY8Vg.jpg

rAsRaba.jpg

Thanks for looking

On 8/12/2022 at 4:42 AM, chrish said:

rolling on the build.

work has commenced on adding the Robert Mrozowski resin flight deck component, which is amazingly detailed and an exact fit upgrade to the kit

uuV52oi.jpg

9rIp050.jpg

Beautiful resin parts! cant recommend them highly enough!

Thanks for looking

Great start!

I have just received my upgrade set from Robert M and I totally agree with your comments.

Moving right along, whilst completely ignoring the build sequence in the instructions...I thought I'd learned from other previous experiences but apparently not. I'm now working on the nacelles and adding a bit (that should be removing a bit) of detail. Trial fitting has shown the wings are too narrow in thickness to allow the nacelles to fit without installing a short spreader bar to thicken the wings (viewed from the front) experimenting has come up with a fix (I think) so work continues.

These are the insides of the gear bays, I mirrored the ribs (right nacelle ribs in the left nacelle) in order to not have to sand the ejector pin marks on the ribs, mirroring the ribs moves the pin marks outboard.

3mpMZHk.jpg

The gear bay nacelles as supplied;

gsSBu6E.jpg

removing some plastic took a couple of minutes...ok more like 260 minutes;

WdePtpx.jpg

looks a bit more like internal structure now...that'll likely never be seen

n9ILJGk.jpg

and on with the work

Thanks for stopping by

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 3:39 AM, jeroen_R90S said:

somehow this one slipped by me, despite it's size! Looks great Chris! I'd run out of interest about 25% into such a monster kit, so not one for me, but I do enjoy watching this come together!

Thanks for stopping by, it is tough staying on topic on such a large project. Looking at other builds (much better than mine) I see others have no trouble staying on task.

As well...apparently I suck at posting updates, here's where I'm at as of today

sJ61nbb.jpg

BzYBeM6.jpg

WJcUyxP.jpg

WZ7d6vV.jpg

chc7BCO.jpg

I'm actually further ahead than this but, have forgotten to take pictures

Thanks for looking